What's new

wrestlemania XIX

Nice. That game looks sweet. I mean check this out;

Triple H, The Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Brock Lesnar, Undertaker, Kurt Angle, Hulk Hogan, Rob Van Dam, Chris Jericho, Booker T, Goldust, Rey Mysterio, Edge, Kane, Chris Benoit, Shawn Michaels, Big Show, Scott Steiner, Bubba Ray Dudley, D-Von Dudley, Stacy Keibler, Trish Stratus, Victoria, Eddie Guerrero, Ric Flair, Matt Hardy, Jeff Hardy, Lita, Christian, Torrie Wilson, Batista, John Cena, Hurricane, Randy Orton, Chris Nowinski, Vince McMahon, Stephanie McMahon, Test, Chavo Guerrero, Dawn Marie, Tajiri, Al Snow, Rikishi, William Regal, Lance Storm, and Goldberg [are all playable].

Now playable characters include Jim Ross, Jerry "the King" Lawler, Earl Hebner, and Nick Patrick.

All playable characters.... ****.

:eek:... looks awesome! It's a shame I don't like wrestling games though. All the games are the same to me.

Yeah, those graphics look awesome. I just hope the game can match the standards set by Smackdown: Shut Your Mouth on the PS2.

Originally posted by Matt Carr
Yeah, those graphics look awesome. I just hope the game can match the standards set by Smackdown: Shut Your Mouth on the PS2.

The "standards" of Smackdown? Sure... if you like arcade style wrestlers w/ no depth... I prefer being able to lock up and then plant multiple moves and (only on Legends of Wrestling thusfar but apparently in WMXIX) link together moves by pressing button taps during moves as well.

I was reffering to pretty much everything in SD: SYM except the actual wrestling engine, although SYM does improve upon the arcade formula from the previous SD titles. It's been so long since I've played a wrestling game that wasn't a SD game that I've actually come to accept and like SD's gameplay. Sure, it's not as good as I remember No Mercy being, but then again, it does improve upon that in many aspects.

Anyway, since it has already been said that WM XIX's gameplay will take on more of a sim style then I wasn't thinking about that when I said about SD: SYM. I was only talking about the aspects of WM XIX that are not yet known.

I have a problem w/ this roster though. where the hell is rhyno?!?

Looks good. I just hope its as good as Additude.

Originally posted by Sharobob'sHorse
Nice. That game looks sweet. I mean check this out;

"Triple H, The Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Brock Lesnar, Undertaker, Kurt Angle, Hulk Hogan, Rob Van Dam, Chris Jericho, Booker T, Goldust, Rey Mysterio, Edge, Kane, Chris Benoit, Shawn Michaels, Big Show, Scott Steiner, Bubba Ray Dudley, D-Von Dudley, Stacy Keibler, Trish Stratus, Victoria, Eddie Guerrero, Ric Flair, Matt Hardy, Jeff Hardy, Lita, Christian, Torrie Wilson, Batista, John Cena, Hurricane, Randy Orton, Chris Nowinski, Vince McMahon, Stephanie McMahon, Test, Chavo Guerrero, Dawn Marie, Tajiri, Al Snow, Rikishi, William Regal, Lance Storm, and Goldberg [are all playable].

Now playable characters include Jim Ross, Jerry "the King" Lawler, Earl Hebner, and Nick Patrick."

All playable characters.... ****.

Hey sweet, only 18 less playable characters (64) and 5 less non-playable characters (9) than RAW 2.

Originally posted by Phantagram
Hey sweet, only 18 less playable characters (64) and 5 less non-playable characters (9) than RAW 2.

Come on, RAW 2 is ****. The graphics look like crap and the gameplay's not as good.

This game looks sweet, its just to obad I dont like wrestling games. I used to...but not anymore.....

Originally posted by Matt Carr
Come on, RAW 2 is ****. The graphics look like crap and the gameplay's not as good.

What the ****? RAW 2 is the best looking wrestling game to date, and it's wonderful to hear your hands-on impressions of the game.

:eek:

I can't really get into Wrestling games as much anymore...though they can be really fun.

Back