What's new

10 years and 2810 shows later...

Harryoke

Established Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Yesterday marked my 10th anniversary in the biz...and the first show I ever did was a 70th birthday party for a family friend, and I started my 10th year by doing her 80th b-day party! Hopefully it will bring me the same luck and success I have had these past 10 years.

Leaving for show #2810 today, and show #2812 will mark my 10th year at the SAME venue as well!!

H

-------------------------
www.harryoke.com

Wow that is a lot of events in 10 years. Good Job

Wow 2800 shows is an accomplishment for anybody, good luck on the next 2800! :)

Actually 2800 events in 10 years isn't all that hard to accomplish, just 5 events per week over a ten year period is 2600. If you are doing weekly shows and then add in weekend events as well hitting the 2800 mark is actually pretty easy. For multi ops it is even easier!:sqwink:

Actually 2800 events in 10 years isn't all that hard to accomplish, just 5 events per week over a ten year period is 2600. If you are doing weekly shows and then add in weekend events as well hitting the 2800 mark is actually pretty easy. For multi ops it is even easier!:sqwink:

Right on. Factor in that I started 2 days a week, and the months that I took off when I broke my neck, and my slow comeback...the average has definitely increased since 2004 when I have been gigging 6-7 nights a week!! I have been and will always be a single op as well; and I never take vacations, LOL!

When or if the economy slows me down, that will almost be a welcome respite!! That is what I am gearing up for.

Back