What's new

$31,264.00 to be exact...

Congrats to you and hubby! Way to go.

Enjoy your debt free holiday season!

Sounds VERY similar to the program we went through!!!

Congratulations!

I think credit programs are great if they are needed! There are different types of credit programs from what I understand, debt consolidation and debt counseling. I think the debt counseling is the better one. My mom is going through this for a similar amount of debt, to be paid off in about a year. It's an awesome program. You basically pay them a monthly payment and they make the payments to the credit card companies. They negotiate with them from the start to get the interest rate lowered (significantly) and lower min. payments. The accounts are all closed and you are not allowed to open any new accounts, which is good if you are like my mom and can't control spending, bad if there is an emergency (which I've had to help out with). The amount my mom is paying a month to get everything paid off is probably about what she was paying a month just in over limit and late fees and high interest. She never would have gotten out of it without this program. Sorry for the long winded response but I just think this is so great for anyone who can use it.

Congrats on the accomplishment!

If I can ask a question of anyone that has either gone through this or may know. I am thinking that you have to prove you have an income, right?

I know some look at going through a credit program as a NO NO but I just paid $31,264.00 off in a little under 5 years. It would have taken me so much longer on my own.

Who CARES what people think. You do what IS BEST for you and your family. What a great feeling you must have. Great job!

I believe so but am truly not sure. I was not working when we filed for this but the hubby was.

The reason I asked was that my husband was laid off and unemployment doesn't count as an income. Now that he started his own business they want last years info, but there is none.

Wow! I commend you for taking on this endeavor. Good job. I am proud of you and your family. I know you don't know me personally but I really mean it.

Ahhhh thanks!

This is really a HUGE accomplishment for our family (well the hubby and I). We have always stuggled, and getting this out of the way feels so good!!!! After discussing this with my husband last night we realize we have about $2K left in other bills (medical, cc etc.) to overcome and we will be debt FREE!!!! Couponing over the last year has helped us so much! We rarely charge anything anymore unless we really need it. And I do mean need not want. The ONLY exception is I occassionally charge stuff to my Kohl's card to save that 30% to get the kids clothes but do my best to pay that off before the bill even gets issued to us.

Thanks again for everyones support and thank you for the support of couponing. This has made a HUGE difference in our lives. I admit I am ADDICTED!!! I don't think I could ever stop couponing, now to buy a house with a basement... :giggles:I am running out of storage space.:giggles: :giggles:

Wow! I commend you for taking on this endeavor. Good job. I am proud of you and your family. I know you don't know me personally but I really mean it.

awesome job...

"""The ONLY exception is I occassionally charge stuff to my Kohl's card to save that 30% to get the kids clothes but do my best to pay that off before the bill even gets issued to us. """

i do too! if it wasn't for that % off deal Kohls can be pricey...what i do is to have cash at hand....use my card to take advantage of the discount then make a pymt before i leave the store that way i feel like im still getting the discount for paying cash....

""""now to buy a house with a basement... :giggles:I am running out of storage space.:giggles: :giggles:""""

is there a coupon for buying a house????lol!

That is an awesome accomplishment!
Very happy for you!

I bet at the beginning it seemed like such a huge mountain to climb. Way to go! I admire you!!

Back