What's new

64 bit Vista?

Wiz: You do know that even if you got a lappy with a S-Video and VGA port, if you can find one, you can't use all video sources at the same time... meaning you can either use the laptops display plus either the VGA or S-Video and not all three?

Even if you can't find a laptop with s-video there are VGA to s-video/composite convertor boxes which is what I use.

The VGA port on my ASUS doesn't have any way of securing the VGA cable to the back of it so it is suseptable to being yanked out easily... something to look for as you search is one that allows you to secure the VGA cable.

Yeah, thanks. I just want to have both so if I need S-video to hook into a bar or restaurant's big screen TVs I'll have it and if I'm just using my 19" LCD monitor I can just use the VGA port. I suppose that a few years down the road I'll be able to use whatever ports that come on a laptop at that time and maybe some sort of adapter like you use. For now I'd like to stick with the same ports I have on my laptop that I already have.

Back