What's new

A little CDGRip help?

JoeChartreuse

Chief Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
I have PowerCDG on my music PC, but I had installed CDGRIP on my home PC for the sole purpose of making compilation discs. That's it.

The thing is, I forgot how I did it. Ripping isn't a problem, and I remember storing tracks in a folder in my regular windows "my music" section before copying to disc. I know the newly ripped tracks were successful because I tried them with KaraFun, which is also on the home PC. What I DON'T remember is how I copied the tracks to disc in useable form.

I kind of remember ripping to UNzipped MP3+G files, but these show up in the folder as separate files for graphics and audio. Again, if I click on either type file in KaraFun everything runs beautifully, but I can't seem to get them to the disc properly. Though a 4 year old Dell Inspiron 1000, it worked last time, so I don't think it's the drive.

Anyone wanna try walking me through it again?

Well, I guess That's a no. I could have sworn someone besides me used it here....ah, well...guess I'll use the music toy this time.....

Use mp3+gtoolz, you'll need the net framework thingy installed which is also available on the download page. This program rocks for all format conversions and will rename files too.

http://www.activeaspsoftware.net/default.aspx?p=Products/Product&N_ProductID=3&N_IncNo=1

Then convert your zip or separate cdg and mp3s to a bin file then use something like this

http://www.pilotkaraoke.com/p-13-power-cdg-burner.aspx

or Goldenhawk's cdrwin to burn the bin files to disk.

http://www.goldenhawk.com/cdrwin.htm

Hope that helps

I know how with Power CDG Burner... just add files to the Burn tab... preferably unzipped but can be either way.

Thanks for the input, but a near miss. I HAVE Power CD+G on my music lappy, and I can do it all with it there. It just hapeens that I have CDGRip on my home PC, and was trying to do a compilation disc there....

I know that wasn't much help I know you ment CDGRip...

I may be wrong but doesn't it require your files to be in the .bin format in order to burn them to disc?

cdgrip

Joe:
I don't think that cdgrip can burn to discs it's just a ripper as far as I can see that is if we are talking about the same program that is from compuhost.

If you have power on your lappy why don't you just download it to your desktop and use it?

If you still have the registration data you can just put that in and it will work.
Yea Yea I know don't tell me.

Lone Wolf

Rob, I just don't recall having to convert them.....

Lone Wolf, you are correct. It's just a ripper. The thing is, I have no special software on the home PC ( unless you count Media Monkey, Napster, Karafun, and junk like that). For some reason I could almost swear I used regular software supplied with the PCs Windows XP pack......

Oh well, I'll figure it out. I already did the disc with Power CDG on the music doohicky.

Back