What's new

aargh

shred_head15

Emerging Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
I got 125-124 on pong, but im not the champ! do you have to have a certain lead or do you have to lose for the high score to save?

you have to get to the limit you set

I put the limit to 125, my final score was 125 and the cpu's score was 124. when i got 125, it said i won, then sent me back to the main arcade page, but i didn't get the high score.

you sure you got the last point?

hmmm... i dont know what could have happend, but dont worry it is only pong ;)

but...but... I wanted to be a champion at something :cry: and i either suck or dont have patience for the other games.

I'm guessing you did something wrong shred_head because your score isnt displayed on the scoreboard and I've tested it since I edited it and it's all good. There's a chance, however unlikely, that when you get the highest score it doesn't do what it's supposed to do. That, however, doesn't seem to likely to me. You probably pressed back or forward to get to the game and didn't refresh so it didnt record your score.

Let me know if anyone has problems with it.

I tested it w/ 16 to win, i refreshed before i played the game, but after it said you win, it brought me back to the main arcade page. i checked the score board list, but my name still isnt there.

Pong Scoreboard

Number 8 and 9 are both me since the edited version has been up. Can someone else give it a try and see if it works for them?

after it says you win (16pts or higher) what usually happens after that? the game sends me back to the main arcade page, and i dont get recorded.

Originally posted by Matt Carr
Pong Scoreboard

Number 8 and 9 are both me since the edited version has been up. Can someone else give it a try and see if it works for them?

i tried it and it worked for me.

I know his EXACT problem. With internet services like MSN, or some others. it won't let you record scores. (I can't either, and I have MSN. If you read the description of the Arcade on vBulletin.org Matt or Shane, it will say somewhere in the support thread that some browsers may not be able to record scores. I hate to say it, but there is absolutely NO way to fix it, unless you get a new internet service.

Either that, or have you been able to record scores on other games? if you haven't tried, try it, and tell me. If you still can't, then it's the problem I explained. If not, then somethings wrong, which can't happen because Matt checked all the stuff and it's right.

Originally posted by Star Wolf
I know his EXACT problem. With internet services like MSN, or some others. it won't let you record scores. (I can't either, and I have MSN. If you read the description of the Arcade on vBulletin.org Matt or Shane, it will say somewhere in the support thread that some browsers may not be able to record scores. I hate to say it, but there is absolutely NO way to fix it, unless you get a new internet service.

That doesn't really seem logical to me. I doubt MSN would affect it, it's totally unrelated. The browser would most likely be it. If by "internet service" then you mean an ISP (Internet service provider) then that's also unlikely.

What browser are ya'll using if/when you have probs?

change your internet security level to low or normal, in Internet Options

To both of you, Matt, I have tried it with other browsers, it STILL doesn't work.

Shane, why is it that I just did what you said and it still doesn't work?

hrm...

the problem must be in your settings somewhere...

Back