What's new

Age gaps?

deloxon

Active Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
What's an acceptaple age gap in reference to dating?

I'm considering going out with a younger girl. I'm 19 and she's 17... Is that weird or I don't know?

I think you might just be O.K. I don't think you'll cause a local controversy. Most couples I would say have a 0-2 year age gap. I think eye-brows might get raised at plus 10 years but even at that noone cares. Of course I don't recommend a ten year gap for someone at 19!:eek::eek: But when you're older.

I don't think that's weird at all, 19 and 17 is pretty close and generally accepted. But FYI, I think it's still illegal to have sex with her, i'm not sure, just a heads up.

I think that is ok, and I don't think that it matters when you are older. My partner is older than me...by three months!

I really don't mind the age of who I'm dating. All that matters to me what she looks like and her personality is. Although, I never dated anyone younger or older than me before.

I don't think that's weird at all, 19 and 17 is pretty close and generally accepted. But FYI, I think it's still illegal to have sex with her, i'm not sure, just a heads up.

Depends on the state. Some states it's 18, some it's 16. Sometimes its 18, unless they are within 2 years of each other. It all depends.

BTW, I don't see any problem with 19 and 17. My brother was 24 dating an 18 year old. :eek: :p

I always find it interesting that in America laws can vary by state.

I always find it interesting that in America laws can vary by state.

It would make more sense and be easier to have one standard set of rules, but I don't necessarily know if that would be better. If that makes sense.

Where are you from?

My GF is a month and a half younger than me and even that's pushing it.

JK, but it all depends on current age. For example, 12 and 20 is a lot worse than 31 and 39...

My GF is a month and a half younger than me and even that's pushing it.

JK, but it all depends on current age. For example, 12 and 20 is a lot worse than 31 and 39...

:D

45 and 33 = 12 years

20 and 8 = 12 years

:eek:

Age is just a number. My husband and I have been together for almost 10 years now. When we met he was 33 and I was 19. He is 17 years older than me but we don't even think about that. We have many similar interests and are happy together. That's all that matters!

You're fine, bro. Just don't get caught.

PS: if you see Chris Hansen...RUN

10 years where men are older in my opinion OP. For younger people like teens and early 20's I'd say 4-5 years.

Im 25 now but when I was 23 I dated a girl who was 18. It was a little weird sometimes because her friends were so immature but Id say that would be the cutoff. She was awesome but it was weird at times.

2 years difference? That isn't so bad. I usually date girls older than me (about a year or two older, three tops). If she doesn't know much about the 90's, then she's probably too young for you. :D

I don't think that age gap plays that much of an important role. If there is understanding between a couple then age doesn't really matter. But age matters when it's impact is on the way a person views life.

I think a 10 year gap is the most maximum there should be.

Back