AIDS can be cured??

fords8

Hanging Out!
Peak Director
Peak Mediator
Mountaineers
PF Member
Reaction score
Is it true that AIDS can be cured. Came to know by friend who said, pharmaceutical industries have medicines for it. But they are not selling out, fearing that there sales of the other tablet market (for AIDS) might come down.

I have never heard if it being able to be cured I know it can be prevented from being really bad if treated right early enough but I've never heard of it being cured.

Hmm, i too never heard that. But few of my friends argue that it is possible and the medicine is not being released.

the answer is NO, but it can be prevented by HARRT program. This is really pricey and painful program, but in the statistics, most of the patients who are enrolled in this program survived.

Recently, there has been a pharmesudical advancement that can help keep HIV to a pretty much dormant state; preventing it is as simple as not having sex.

Oh really, thats great news for people who got it. XDD

jason, i believe it's not that it can be cured, just that the medicines they have on the market (which are expensive beyond belief) can contain the disease and lower the antibody's to a point where they are undetectable in a test, making it seem as though it's been cured but in fact it's just contained quite nicely .. albeit, they may have cures but it is true pharmaceutical companie's do make hella bank off aids meds but it's by no means any percentage of there total income that they'd go out of business by selling cures. side not, have you heard of the new "aids like disease" called "Chagas"? it's givin from a parasite left behind from kissing bugs. they suck blood from your face and leave the parasite behind, then when you scratch the site you inadvertantly introduce the parasite into your blood stream. it can be contained (yet again with outrageously expensive medication) for some time but gone untreated eventually it'll make your heart and intestines swell and explode. they say it's mostly in central and latin america but there are in fact 300,000 or so known cases in the US! Crazy huh ? ;p

I very much doubt that aids can be cured- as of yet. You have to understand a couple of things:

1. Aids is a virus. That means- basically- that no antibiotics work and the only chemicals that kill (correct word is denature) the virus kill your cells as well.
2. Aids is an RNA virus. Unlike DNA, RNA is single stranded (which means that it does not have a base pair sequence) which means that when the code replicates it is far more likely to make a mistake and mutate (DNA mutation at replication is virtually impossible). So because it's an RNA virus, you cannot vaccinate against it because it mutates constantly and even a slight change will make an immune response non-working....

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/03/13/progress-no-big-breakthrough-in-hunt-for-hiv-cure/

Hmm, from the discussion we had. It is believed that we can lessen the effect of the virus by taking the doses.

LOL .. southpark, but honestly I am not sure if the cure is available, being a biology major I think it will be absolutely wonderful to find the cure, but on the other hand if there was a cure it would hinder the corse of nature, by which I mean that we are already reproducing at a very fast rate, I think we went from 6 billoin to 7 billion in abut 12 years and I think death from aids is around 34 million per year. I am not a disheartened person but come to think of it we are dodging death more and more. I fear for those nations who have low GDP but high population rate, mostly south asia and africa will demand more and more. Now in America I agree we are way to greedy and we want every luxury but the only solution to this that we as a community will have to decide weather what we buy is a need or want so that we are not wasting our natural resources. I think there is a need for something to balance the population out which is unbiased and a diseases fits that genre. Please correct me if you beliebe my mentality is skewed in a wrong direction because I am very open to change if the reasons are just. Thank you.

I think what you say fits for some other set of people. People who are terrorists, who they themselves kill using drugs, other addictions.

Please do correct me too if i am wrong :(

Skype Group

I was thinking of starting one since this site doesn't really have a chatroom, so I was wondering if starting a Skype group is alright. It doesn't necessarily have to be voice, I can go fine with just text chat.

It does actually have a chat room. However to keep it from detracting from the forum it's available to VIP members only. Which is a pretty cheap offer honestly lol. http://communitychaos.com/index.php?account/upgrades

You guys can skype each other if you want or create a group or whatever. It's fine by me. Just remember though...we do have a chat box already...and this site is coming completely out of my pocket (aka it's a lemon).

View attachment 85

Back