What's new

Albert, don't let the door hit your **** on the way out!

atm123

Part Of The Furniture
PF Member
Reaction score
Apparently, $220 million for 10 years and a no trade clause wasn't good enough for Pujols.

"What do I want? Hey, I want to be a Cardinal forever," Pujols said. "That's my goal."

Apparently, it was all about the money....

Sorry! I was thinking about you. It's been breaking news here all morning.

ouch! I better call my sis...make sure she didn't off herself. He's her favorite player and her favorite team.....

Sorry! I was thinking about you. It's been breaking news here all morning.

I am glad that we didn't sign him. It would have been a mistake to sign him for 10 years even at a much lower salary. I just don't like that he stated that he wanted to be a Cardinal for life when he really didn't want to be. Usually when players say it isn't about the money, it really is. I guess that the job will be good for him in Anaheim though. In a couple of years when he can't play he will be their DH.

I am glad that we didn't sign him. It would have been a mistake to sign him for 10 years even at a much lower salary. I just don't like that he stated that he wanted to be a Cardinal for life when he really didn't want to be. Usually when players say it isn't about the money, it really is. I guess that the job will be good for him in Anaheim though. In a couple of years when he can't play he will be their DH.

That will be one expensive DH! :lol: 1/4 of a billion dollars? Really? Too much money IMO.

It's always about the money!! What a ****in' phony!! I'm going to burn my Pujols shirt and get a Freese shirt. Sellout!!!
He was going to "pray" about his decision. WTF? I pray and don't see any money!! He's not a true Christian!!

Obviously, there is way more to this story than we will ever know.

It really looks like the organization decided a while ago that they didn't care if they kept him or not and he just realized that.

The Cardinals made him an offer in January to extend/resign him and the offer didn't change much almost a year later.

The Angels made him an offer and bam he's off to Anaheim.

It really looks like the organization decided a while ago that they didn't care if they kept him or not and he just realized that.

Umm the Cardinals put in quite the competitive bid for him. A 10 year no trade contract for $220 million when the guy is 31 (but most people think he is older) and who is most likely on HGH (which MLB will start testing for next year)....pretty **** competitive deal to me. I was actually surprised that the Cardinals offered so much considering we are such a conservative organization.

Albert was all about the money. He could have retired in the STL and been a Cardinals legend.

Obviously, there is way more to this story than we will ever know.

Or he decided a while ago that he didn't care if he stayed or not and the organization realized that.

The Cardinals made him an offer in January to extend/resign him and the offer didn't change much almost a year later.

The Angels made him an offer and bam he's off to Anaheim.

I'm sorry I didn't type out my complete thought.

NANANANA..............NANANANA................HEY HEY HEY..............good
smiley-bye.gif
1lg009bye.gif
bye-bye-male-smiley-smiley-emoticon.gif

Apparently the raunchy St. Louis sports site I read occasionally is a fan of the blue waffle too. :lol:

All of that said, the KMFP side of me hopes his [Pujols] statue is melted down to make heroin spoons for his homeless brethren in the Dominican Republic, he breaks both legs the first time he runs through L.A.’s third base coach’s stop sign, Chris Carpenter hits him in the face after staring down a homerun in interleague play and Jesus himself pisses in his Cheerio’s tomorrow morning. But hey, only a game, right?

Nothing a few Blue Waffle shots won’t cure…KMFP-out!

Apparently the raunchy St. Louis sports site I read occasionally is a fan of the blue waffle too. :lol:

All of that said, the KMFP side of me hopes his [Pujols] statue is melted down to make heroin spoons for his homeless brethren in the Dominican Republic, he breaks both legs the first time he runs through L.A.’s third base coach’s stop sign, Chris Carpenter hits him in the face after staring down a homerun in interleague play and Jesus himself pisses in his Cheerio’s tomorrow morning. But hey, only a game, right?

:ha:

My parents have Cardinals connections. I'll get the scoop from there and let you know what I find out. They go on the Cardinals cruise each year.

We are Cardinal fans here too. DH has been his whole life. He has turned our basement into a Cardinals shrine. Anyway, DH was really bummed when he found out about Pujols yesterday. I agree about burning his shirts and getting Freese ones. I'm sure it was all about the moolah.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, Yadi! Way to show class and say up front that it is about the money, but then end up signing with the Cards for 5 years! So glad he didn't pull an Albert. Can't wait for baseball season to start!

I find it odd that people don't think it's about the money. If he blows his ACL and is screwed after that, will they still pay him the remainder of the contract? No. Why? I thought money wasn't a big deal.

I find it odd that people don't think it's about the money. If he blows his ACL and is screwed after that, will they still pay him the remainder of the contract? No. Why? I thought money wasn't a big deal.

Sometimes. :lol:

Athletes are one step away from a race horse or any animal in a sport the way they are treated at times.

If my kid was an athlete for a team, I would tell them get your $ first because if someone younger than you comes along and they think they could get them instead, they'll leave you flat busted.

Back