What's new

And now he's eating frosting...(very long vent)

Oooh, this gives me an idea. What about that suggestion that was posted for Barb's CB? Something about adding ex-lax to chocolates. Would teach the guy a lesson. :giggles:
LOL! Yeah, except we only have one bathroom. :hides:

Really though, most of this must be my fault...I'm always telling him to make himself at home and whatnot...it IS his home for now. I just didn't think he'd eat like this.

But it's more than the food.

It's the dishwasher, garden, and other things too.

You have worked for these things and your family needs them... don't let him **** (sorry folks!) with your life. Set him straight or kick him out!

OHHH... it is not your fault!

Can I get a *fist shaking*, please?! Doesn't seem right to *shake my own fist* for my own issues, lol.

Yeah, I guess so...I *think* maybe he thinks that by eating out of the stockpile and keeping to his room that we won't realize and therefore won't think he eats much? He needs to realize that I totally know what's in my stockpile and I'm not stupid. We would much rather he come up and eat MEALS like a (somewhat) normal person.

Another brilliant idea coming...how about you post an inventory list of your stockpile and hang it on the shelves/door.

Sorry, forgot to add... :jack:

You were probably looking more for this though:gah:

I don't understand why you would be embarassed.

This is your house and your family. He messed up HIS life and it is not your job to fix him.

Make a list of what you want to say to him and go over it with DH first so you are a united front then sit him down and say "in our house this is how things are done" and let him have it.

You can only be a doormat if you let people step on you. Stand up and take your house and sanity back!
Okay, I know...and you and everyone else is totally right. I guess I'm just embarrassed to have to figure a way to tell him not to eat tubs of frosting, jars of peanut butter, boxes of cereal and not to hide them behind his chair. But it is what it is and I have to stop it.
I think I will have to go the 'the dogs found some food in your room and therefore we shouldn't eat in our rooms' sort of thing.

But it's more than the food.

It's the dishwasher, garden, and other things too.

You have worked for these things and your family needs them... don't let him **** (sorry folks!) with your life. Set him straight or kick him out!

OHHH... it is not your fault!
True, true and true. Very true. Okay. I got it.

I don't get it why beat around the bush?? If something is bothering me I just come right out with it....ESPECIALLY in the place where I pay the bills! Funk DAT! That's MY house, MY ****, you don't like it TOUGH ****! GET OUT!!!!! Just sayin! Why should you be miserable and cautious about stuff in your own house! He is living in YOUR house he should have enough COMMON sense to know how to be a REPECTABLE houseguest!

You know you could always suggest this really cool website for him to checkout (CW of course) and we can all set him straight pretty **** quick. (You might want to delete a couple of posts first :lol:)

I'll set his **** straight ... send him ova! :hurt: People taking advantage PISSES me off!

LOL...yeah, send him here. Or send an email. I'm sorry...I'm just very non-confrontational. In life and on the internet, lol. I know I can't be that way but I'm trying.

Actually, I just had an epiphany...not to go all 'therapist' but that's exactly the way I grew up and in fact my sister and I have been discussing it lately...she's more of a '**** YOU!!!' kind of gal whilst I'm more of a 'Oh, let me turn my cheek so you can slap the other side.'. I'm aware of it and I'm trying. Not a cop out, just a fact. :bowing:

Make a list of what you want to say to him.

I like the mirror idea.

What's DH say about it?

Make a list of what you want to say to him.

I like the mirror idea.

What's DH say about it?
Oh, he's totally on board and agrees. He's actually going to pick him up from work tonight so I thought about having him say something...but then, maybe I should have him just find the destroyed cereal box and then confront him Sunday night (b/c we won't all be together until then...tonight's not really good b/c our daughter's friend is over).

Thoughts?

So he 'discovered' the 'destroyed' box of Shredded Wheat...started yelling at the dog! My husband was like, 'Hey, it's not the dog's fault! He's an animal and that's why we can't have food hidden in our rooms!'. Then houseguest dragged out the vacuum cleaner to pick up what the dog left behind.

So now he should know not to have food in his room.

So he 'discovered' the 'destroyed' box of Shredded Wheat...started yelling at the dog! My husband was like, 'Hey, it's not the dog's fault! He's an animal and that's why we can't have food hidden in our rooms!'. Then houseguest dragged out the vacuum cleaner to pick up what the dog left behind.

Oooh, that would have been my breaking point.:hurt: Don't blame the pooch. :hurt:Don't dare yell at the pooch. :hurt:

Hopefully he's really learned a lesson. (the guest of course, not the pooch)

Dear, Sweet, Kind, Generous BF

"should" is not a word your houseguest seems to know. Just because he was told "we can't have food hidden in our rooms" doesn't mean he DID get the message NOT TO HAVE FOOD IN HIS ROOM. Unfortunately, there's a bunch of people in the world who are unable to take a lesson learned and transfer it to other similar situations - I believe your house"guest" is one of those.

Keep your eye on it, but I think you will be soon "laying down the law" in the form of a "house rule"

Hopefully you will soon discuss the other house rules with him:

His weekly chores
Chores he will NOT "help" with

I think you have an enormous heart and I hope to meet you someday. I want some of your kindness to rub off on me.

Oooh, that would have been my breaking point.:hurt: Don't blame the pooch. :hurt:Don't dare yell at the pooch. :hurt:

Hopefully he's really learned a lesson. (the guest of course, not the pooch)
I know, I KNOW!!!! When my husband told me, my eyes bugged out of my head but he handled it well.

Dear, Sweet, Kind, Generous BF

"should" is not a word your houseguest seems to know. Just because he was told "we can't have food hidden in our rooms" doesn't mean he DID get the message NOT TO HAVE FOOD IN HIS ROOM. Unfortunately, there's a bunch of people in the world who are unable to take a lesson learned and transfer it to other similar situations - I believe your house"guest" is one of those.

Keep your eye on it, but I think you will be soon "laying down the law" in the form of a "house rule"

Hopefully you will soon discuss the other house rules with him:

His weekly chores
Chores he will NOT "help" with

I think you have an enormous heart and I hope to meet you someday. I want some of your kindness to rub off on me.
You're sweet...thank you for the kind words and for the advice. Late this afternoon he came up and made a SANDWICH!!!! LOL...small steps, right?

And I do think we'll start a chore list. To be perfectly honest, I'd be THRILLED if he'd only sweep the floors.

And I didn't mean to bump this up...I started on the downstairs computer but then had to run up to check on the barking dogs. I'll shut up now. :)

No need to "shut up"

Where did he eat the sandwich?

And did he clean up after himself?

Back