What's new

AND so everyone doesn't think I never make mistakes...

skincarekathy

Part Of The Furniture
PF Member
Reaction score
I was scammed on Ebay for one of my iTunes cards.

It was my own fault. I know email delivery of codes is not eligible for seller protection but I take that calculated risk all the time. However, I had a guy buy one, at night, and send me several messages about it through Ebay messaging (I had sent the code to his email address).

I was a fool and sent the code through Ebay messaging. I claim tiredness, irresponsibleness, whatever.

Shortly after I sent it, a Paypal claim was filed for an unauthorized purchase and the $ was returned to the Paypal account owner (not the guy I sent the code to).

Shot my OWN SELF in the foot. Ebay did return my final value fees but that does not moderate the sting.

I have moved on, I'm over it now. But it just shows that you can think you know every angle and still make mistakes (and I have sold on Ebay for over 15 years). Happens to everyone!

:patback: That sucks!!!

I'm kicking myself and waiting to see if it bites me too. I emailed him the code to his email, but for some stupid reason I felt compelled to also send it in reply to his eBay message. I'm hoping since he left positive feedback that I'll be OK.

The guy's ebay name is mahmmoued058

Another member who can remain nameless if she wants was also scammed by this guy.

Anyway if any of you are selling your itunes cards on Ebay, deliver them ONLY to the email address on the PAYPAL payment detail page. If you email the code it is not eligible for seller protection BUT if you email it to the email IN paypal you have a much better chance that it is a legit sale. Look over the person's feedback before sending. If you have red flags, wait several hours, or ask the person for their address information from the Paypal detail page. If they can't give you the info, cancel the sale and refund their money, don't send them the code.

I was scammed by a Swiss ring early this year.

I am the nameless member who also got stung!!

Thanks for posting this info. I learn something new everyday. Just because someone has 100% feedback, doesnt mean he's good. You cant leave negative feedbacks for buyers. And getting paid on paypal doesnt mean it's final. Thanks for the tip about paypal, didnt know that before.

You're the best!

The guy's ebay name is mahmmoued058

Another member who can remain nameless if she wants was also scammed by this guy.

Anyway if any of you are selling your itunes cards on Ebay, deliver them ONLY to the email address on the PAYPAL payment detail page. If you email the code it is not eligible for seller protection BUT if you email it to the email IN paypal you have a much better chance that it is a legit sale. Look over the person's feedback before sending. If you have red flags, wait several hours, or ask the person for their address information from the Paypal detail page. If they can't give you the info, cancel the sale and refund their money, don't send them the code.

"doesn't think I never" is a double negative

that would be saying you do always make mistakes

Is LOF only an **** to me? Or is he like that with everyone?

"doesn't think I never" is a double negative

that would be saying you do always make mistakes

No because the negative adverbs are describing different verbs.

By your train of thought 'no it doesn't' means the same as 'yes it does'.

No because the negative adverbs are describing different verbs.

By your train of thought 'no it doesn't' means the same as 'yes it does'.
the mistake part is using the context from the think part....

everyone thinks I never make mistakes (correct usage)

everyone does not think, I never make mistakes
(then; everyone does think, I always make mistakes)

That sucks. I've refunded a few buyers who I've thought weren't being altogether truthful over the years, but never been outright scammed.

I was, however, fooled once but in the reverse. I bought a Target gc through Ebay. Paid via my bank account instead of my CC. Got the card & it had nothing on it. Seller insisted it was valid. Neither Ebay or PP could do anything to get my funds back. So I ended up having to file a police report & a FCC complaint through the internet crimes division. I received a call about a month after filing from a local(to the seller) detective inquiring/confirming my complaint. About a week after that I received a check in the mail for the full amount I paid for the card.

From that day forward, for any large purchases or suspect ones I use my CC. Lesson learned.

The simple fix to the sentence is to change AND to JUST then it would read:

JUST so everyone doesn't think I never make mistakes

then we wouldn't be having this grammar discussion :)

The simple fix to the sentence is to change AND to JUST then it would read:

JUST so everyone doesn't think I never make mistakes

then we wouldn't be having this grammar discussion :)

I have a minor in English but I learned many moons ago to put on my blinders when I am on the net and on blogs or forums. Sometimes the grammar, punctuation, and spelling can be pretty bad but it's best just to ignore it IMO. I'll admit that I even like to abbreviate words and spell funny just to save time sometimes.

That being said, it sucks to get scammed but we can always learn from our mistakes. Hopefully you didn't lose out on too much!

I have a minor in English but I learned many moons ago to put on my blinders when I am on the net and on blogs or forums. Sometimes the grammar, punctuation, and spelling can be pretty bad but it's best just to ignore it IMO. I'll admit that I even like to abbreviate words and spell funny just to save time sometimes.

That being said, it sucks to get scammed but we can always learn from our mistakes. Hopefully you didn't lose out on too much!

This is funny to me. I have quite a few teacher friends and family. Whenever I text or email them I stare at the message for a few moments before I send it, just to make sure everything is correct grammatically. For instance, it took me much longer to type this post since I know I am responding to you specifically. :lol:

Sorry you got scammed Kathy, btw. That stinks.

So, a bit OT, but I bought a starbucks gift card off ebay. Got the card about 2 weeks later than it should be, but hey, at least I got it, right?
Transferred the funds to my go-to gold card.
Went to make a purchase one night, card did not work!
They froze and confiscated the funds off the card! It was "under investigation" for something basically considered fraudulent.
That was a few weeks ago. I am still waiting for my card to be reactivated, but I doubt that will happen.
I did file a claim, and the seller did reimburse me.

But, for those of you who may not know...the Starbucks gift card is traced back to the point of purchase. If you buy any, anywhere besides a starbucks store, be sure there is a valid receipt associated with it - otherwise you "do not comply with the terms of the agreement" for SB cards. They can not be bought from third-parties....yeah.

This is funny to me. I have quite a few teacher friends and family. Whenever I text or email them I stare at the message for a few moments before I send it, just to make sure everything is correct grammatically. For instance, it took me much longer to type this post since I know I am responding to you specifically. :lol:

Sorry you got scammed Kathy, btw. That stinks.

Too funny! One of my biggest pet peeves is poor grammar. I have a friend ... she is college-educated but her grammar is horrendous. Any time we get together, I cringe inside when she speaks or sends me email since she loves to say things like "he don't do that" ... UGH.

It drives my DH crazy but I am constantly correcting the various teachers' memos and school newsletters that are sent home. There is usually something wrong and I find it appalling that the teachers who are supposed to be teaching my children proper grammar do not seem to know proper grammar themselves at times. How on earth are my kids going to learn then KWIM?

Too funny! One of my biggest pet peeves is poor grammar. I have a friend ... she is college-educated but her grammar is horrendous. Any time we get together, I cringe inside when she speaks or sends me email since she loves to say things like "he don't do that" ... UGH.

It drives my DH crazy but I am constantly correcting the various teachers' memos and school newsletters that are sent home. There is usually something wrong and I find it appalling that the teachers who are supposed to be teaching my children proper grammar do not seem to know proper grammar themselves at times. How on earth are my kids going to learn then KWIM?

Karen, you should come and teach at my DD's school...they NEED good teachers...I had a thread about this....my DD's teacher CANNOT send home decent memos to save her life!:lol:

Back