What's new

Andrea Yate's verdict

Very few people actually get off on the insanity plea. Now if I were up for something like this and wanted to get off on the insanity plea, I would be reading some psychology books. I say we deep fry her ****. Or just put her down, kinda like we do dogs when they bite someone. I'm sure we could look the other way for a women who killed her childen.

ANGLOIRISH said:
She needs your prayers; not your curses.

No one could even begin to explain her actions. Yes it was terribly wrong to massacre those children, however, an insane person is not responsible for his/her actions.

i dont think she needs prayers i think they need to fill up a tub and hold her down in it and put her to death that way.

Hear hear. I am all for the killing of criminals. If they get caught that is.

Someone in an earlier post said that he is not into material things.

Yeah and that's why he drove away from his wedding in a brand new cherry red vette.

ANGLOIRISH said:
Hey bob, nice to see you back. How goes the battle?

As for Yates, in addition to having family, he could have had hired help to be there as well. Bring in a domestic to help and I am sure with his family's financial assistance he would have been able to afford one. I would rather be in debt and have my children safe then save a few pennies and risk the safety of my family.

Rusty Yates is not an innocent victim here. Nova made a point when he said that the man has shown very little emotion and that he is acting much too cavalier.
The battle goes well. I'm still able to pay rent and keep the lights on. :)

The discussion has moved a little faster than my ability to post right now so some of this has already been addressed by mustangkittycat. I would also have tried to make arrangements if I thought my partner were a danger to my children but the problem is that not everyone can. Putting aside the details of Yates' particular situation I think part of the problem is that the US does not provide any support for people in this situation. If Yates had been able to place his children in some sort of state supported day care this might not have happened. If his wife had had free/subsidized access to the medication she need this might not have happened. I think that if the US wants to be a "Christian" nation they should care about people while they are alive and not just before birth and on their death bed.

As far as Yates' small showing of emotion is concerned I can think of two possible explanations right of the top of my head. He probably came to grips with his emotions a long time ago when this first happened. Or he may watch too many John Wayne movies and be a member of the "real men don't show emotion" school of thought which pervades much of our culture.

As a side note on debt (not directed at anyone in particular): It is not always possible to get a loan. If you have little income or collateral then no one will give you money because there will be no way for you to pay them back. Also, credit cards may well be the work of the devil and you should stay away from those.

"It was a slow death," said Harris County Chief Medical Examiner Luis Sanchez. "It was not quick."

An autopsy photograph of the pale hand of Yates' 5-year-old son, John, showed that he was still clutching a long strand of his mother's dark hair.

Yates' 7-year-old son, Noah, had been floating face down in nine inches of bathtub water when medical examiners pulled him out and laid his stiff, 50-pound body face-up on a plastic sheet on the bathroom floor.

In photographs shown to jurors, Noah's small fists were clenched, his arms were raised above his head, and his lifeless knees were bent, defying gravity.

Story continues

"The entire body was very stiff, almost like a board," Sanchez told jurors.

Noah's extreme rigidity was due to intense muscular exertion in the last minutes of life, Sanchez said. He catalogued a list of injuries on Noah's head and body: deep internal bruising, abrasions, nail scratches, round focal bruises around his joints indicating squeezing fingertip pressure.

Prosecutors say Noah, the eldest of Yates' five children, fought the hardest to stay alive, but that she chased him down and dragged him into the bathroom, where she had just finished drowning his four siblings: first Paul, 3, then Luke, 2, John, and Mary, 6 months.

She laid all except Noah on her bed.

Noah was the last to die before Yates called police to turn herself in, and then called her husband to tell him to come home.

And yet they showed her mercy.

I'm about in tears right now because of reading that. It's makes me so mad when I see that nasty **** **** on the t.v. I wish I could just jump thru the t.v. and take her on myself... then, I would plea INSANITY!!!!! wonder if I would get it??!?

Back