What's new

Andrew Luck vs RGIII

ibengals

Emerging Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Who you got? Andrew Luck is a better pocket passer, but Griffin has more athleticism. I think Griffin has more upside, but Luck is the safer pick. Most scouts consider Luck to be the unanimous #1 prospect, but do you see it differently?

Who's your guy?

Luck without hesitation.

Any other draft? RGIII at #1 would be a great pick.

I feel like everyone is hopping on the RGIII bandwagon lately. I would have to go with Luck only because I've seen him play more games than RGIII.

I feel like everyone is hopping on the RGIII bandwagon lately. I would have to go with Luck only because I've seen him play more games than RGIII.

The people who would take RGIII over Luck are definitely in the minority. His band wagon is nothing compared to Lucks.

The people who would take RGIII over Luck are definitely in the minority. His band wagon is nothing compared to Lucks.

I'm a Luck guy too, but it's close. It's kind of similar to '98 where Ryan Leaf had potentially more upside, but Manning was more pro ready. The only difference is, Griffin has his head on straight, so it's a much harder call.

The thing I love about ESPN getting obsessed about different college players is when the players enter the NFL and just don't have the caliber that ESPN said they would. But they keep making stories about them because they can't just drop what they've been talking about for a year. cough cough Tim Tebow. It's quite entertaining. They've nearly become a sports TMZ.

I don't think anyone thinks that Griffin is on Lucks level. Rg3 will sell tickets like Cam Newton and other "new savior" players coming into the league. And no QB including Luck can win without a "TEAM" around them, but he is clearly the best QB in the draft.

I'm gonna go with RGIII over Luck. I think he is mature for his age, incredibly athletic and very determined.

I'm gonna go with RGIII over Luck. I think he is mature for his age, incredibly athletic and very determined.

Isn't Luck all of those things as well? not to mention Luck has been in a pro-style offense for the past few years.

Isn't Luck all of those things as well? not to mention Luck has been in a pro-style offense for the past few years.

People are looking for a reason to hate Luck, but they can't find one. I remember when he didn't declare last season, people doubted whether or not he could produce the same numbers again. Guess what, the kid is legit.

It will depend on the team really. Both Quarterbacks are good, but if drafted to a team that does not support their different abilities, then they will suffer. Luck needs a team with a solid OL and competent receivers. RG needs a team with heavy offensive blocking and a smart OC.

I think Luck has the best chance to succeed, but RG would be more successful on a variety of teams.

Luck is one of the best pro ready qb to come out of the league in a long long time. Some say it hasn't been since troy aikman. I believe he is the clear choice in first qb to draft.

I honestly think that come draft day these two will be interchangable. I'd take luck every single day of the week though.

I honestly think that come draft day these two will be interchangable. I'd take luck every single day of the week though.

The risk that RG3 comes with may not be worth the reward to many teams. I believe a random team will fall in love with him and trade to get him.

I don't understand the hype around Andrew Luck, I really don't. I've watched his games this year and from all the yelling and screaming about his name I was expecting much more than what I witnessed. What I witnessed was a painfully average quarterback who struggles to throw the deep ball, no weakness yet no real strength as well. He reminds me very much of Matt Ryan, not a bad pick for the investment that is put in, but certainly not deserving of the hype he's receiving.

I'll draft Griffin.

I don't understand the hype around Andrew Luck, I really don't. I've watched his games this year and from all the yelling and screaming about his name I was expecting much more than what I witnessed. What I witnessed was a painfully average quarterback who struggles to throw the deep ball, no weakness yet no real strength as well. He reminds me very much of Matt Ryan, not a bad pick for the investment that is put in, but certainly not deserving of the hype he's receiving.

I'll draft Griffin.

He is also playing in a pro-style offense, not a highlight reel offense that many draft busts come from. Not many QBs are as pro-ready as Luck.

Back