What's new

Anonymous vs ISIS

Ash

Chief Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
“Anonymous from all over the world will hunt you down. We will launch the biggest operation ever against you,” a masked person said in the hackers’ video. “Expect massive cyberattacks. War is declared. Get prepared.” In response, a Telegram channel that is believed to be affiliated with ISIS hackers sent out a warning message in Arabic and English, telling others how to thwart Anonymous hacks.

“The #Anonymous hackers threatened in new video release that they will carry out a major hack operation on the Islamic state (idiots),” the statement said, according to Business Insider.

“What they gonna hack?” ISIS asked, noting that so far, hackers have only managed to hit ISIS-affiliated Twitter accounts and email addresses.

The message on the Telegram channel, an encrypted chat service that may have been used to help plot the Paris attacks, also says that followers should not open any links unless they’re sure of the source, change IP addresses “constantly,” and “not talk to people [you] don’t know on Telegram” or through Twitter direct messages.

This isn’t the first time Anonymous has set its sights on ISIS. Following the January Charlie Hebdo attacks, hackers tried to identify ISIS social media accounts and take down extremist websites.

SOURCE

woah, who are these anons? are they a group of bad people because the last time i heard about them they were unmasking the KKK which to me sounded like a good thing.

Nintenex said:
woah, who are these anons? are they a group of bad people because the last time i heard about them they were unmasking the KKK which to me sounded like a good thing.

This may answer some questions.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE6ZoRgAJwE[/video]

Captain_Anarchist said:
lol Anonymous is gay.
only people that can stop ISIS is governments
Governments can't stop ISIS, that is a load of crap, they haven't been able to, Anonymous has done more to bring ISIS identities out than the governments ever has. They are a re a group not oe person.
I think they are doing a great job

Captain_Anarchist said:
lol Anonymous is gay.
only people that can stop ISIS is governments
Anonymous vs. ISIS....the safe money sides w/the Anonymous people on this one.

Read something not to long ago saying Anonymous had already screwed up their attack against ISIS, though it seems like more anony faction issues.

Well they dont have a faction, as stated they are not a group nor an organization. And they have released thousands of identities now as well.

I have and always will side with Anonymous. A lot of people only heard the bad regarding them, but nobody talks about the countless illegal websites they bring down, the pedophiles they catch, the ISIS accounts they shut down or even government officials they unmask as KKK members.

They do a lot for the greater good, which sadly not a lot of people hear.

Well said, it is like a lot of things, people dwell on the bad side and half the time made up by the governments cause they are pissed off cause Anonymous are doing better than them lol

It's basically a cyber terrorism group taking on a real terrorism group. It would be nice if anonymous wins against ISIS though. I won't support Anonymous even if they are doing something awesome.

This is the first time I've heard about Anonymous. I'm going to go do my homework on them.

I hear about the ISIS every day. They need to go away and stay gone.

I want to see Anonymous win here, though I do wonder whether their tactics are a good idea. I mean, won't knocking their sites offline just cause them to go underground and make them harder to track in future?

Still, it might stop a few new people from joining IS, which could work out in the long run.

Go Anonymous! Having them deal with the cyber war at hand while countries bomb and strike in real life is a perfect idea, it leaves ISIS pretty cornered and sure they can hide but they won't be doing any damage if they are hiding for their lives. :p

CM30 said:
Still, it might stop a few new people from joining IS, which could work out in the long run.

Only a few. The problem is that we're talking about the Middle East and the populations we're seeing radicalized the most are populations with limited or no access to the internet. You can block recruitment over the internet but unless you can block actual recruitment in the nations in person then it'll have very little effect. Personally I think we should forget Anonymous. There are real people fighting ISIS right now such as the Kurds. I support a very small faction of the Kurdish Army in particular called the Lions of Rojava - which is basically the Kurds Foreign Legion. You'll find American, UK, and many other citizens fighting ISIS. Bullets make a bigger impact than keyboards.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV2QPt7lveY[/video]

Seraph said:
It's basically a cyber terrorism group taking on a real terrorism group. It would be nice if anonymous wins against ISIS though. I won't support Anonymous even if they are doing something awesome.

That's what the media say's they are and we all know the media is sooooo trust worthy :p :troll:

PikaClause said:
Seraph said:

That's what the media say's they are and we all know the media is sooooo trust worthy :p :troll:

Take the media out of the equation.  What are we left with? Anonymous is still a cyber criminal organization that engages in malicious hacking and cracking. They are cyber terrorists.  TT very done some good things but the good does not outweigh the bad.

Seraph said:
PikaClause said:
Seraph said:

Take the media out of the equation.  What are we left with? Anonymous is still a cyber criminal organization that engages in malicious hacking and cracking. They are cyber terrorists.  TT very done some good things but the good does not outweigh the bad.

Well, yeah, that is were you run into the issue of Anonymous being setup the way it is. They have a very generalized agenda and no leadership really and the Internet sector of the group can be iffy.

PikaClause said:
Seraph said:
PikaClause said:
Seraph said:

Well, yeah, that is were you run into the issue of Anonymous being setup the way it is. They have a very generalized agenda and no leadership really and the Internet sector of the group can be iffy.

You just described Al Qaeda, the Taliban, ISIS, and many other terror organizations. Theres not too much different.  

They have a very generalized agenda where the main goals are known but going about to achieving are very autonomous between groups.  So the goals generally get achieved. 

They have no leadership.  Our news loves to say that we kill terrorist leaders in bomb strikes but the word leader is meaningless.  Their organization setup makes it so anyone can step up into a leadership position.  Cut off one head and two more appear.  

Different sectors of Islamic Terror groups can be iffy.  Some target Muslims, some only target infidels,  some work with communities,. Some just want to burn them all down.  Each group within the umbrella organization is different.  

So there's very little difference.

Seraph said:
PikaClause said:
Seraph said:
PikaClause said:
Seraph said:

You just described Al Qaeda, the Taliban, ISIS, and many other terror organizations. Theres not too much different.  

They have a very generalized agenda where the main goals are known but going about to achieving are very autonomous between groups.  So the goals generally get achieved. 

They have no leadership.  Our news loves to say that we kill terrorist leaders in bomb strikes but the word leader is meaningless.  Their organization setup makes it so anyone can step up into a leadership position.  Cut off one head and two more appear.  

Different sectors of Islamic Terror groups can be iffy.  Some target Muslims, some only target infidels,  some work with communities,. Some just want to burn them all down.  Each group within the umbrella organization is different.  

So there's very little difference.

True to an extent, however when was the last time any of those groups did good, in the sense of the general populous?

Back