What's new

Another Good "Low End" Buy..

DJ Cam said:
My fellow local KJ's use the $50 Nady Dual system. While I'd never use them myself, I had the chance to sing on them and I will say they were on par with their systems. I have AKG's for drunk mics. I paid $100 for them a few years ago in June when they are dust I will most likely look at American Audio mics.

We use the Nady Duo with our system. We get a lot of compliments on our sound. That being said, when my mixer broke one night and I had to borrow our friends Berhinger, they sounded pretty crappy. We use a yamaha MG something.

The mics have been dropped several times by drunks but they keep on working.

fishbox said:
Do I need to use a Shure brand (because of connection type) or are there other brands that use the same plug style?

No & Yes. :sqlaugh:

No, you don't need to use Shure & Yes, there are brands that use the same plug (Switchcraft TA4-F).

For example Countryman mics can be ordered with that connector. Tiny, light & practically invisible. They are used almost exclusively on Broadway to mic vocalists and unfortunately are very expensive.

I have that same Shure belt pack and the mic is very uncomfortable.

How do I change the frequency

Hey i sent the guy I bought these from an email about how to change the frequency on the microphone. It's on like page 6 of the manual or something, but I lost the manual. I like these microphones.

Thanks,
SW

Back