What's new

Another mass shooting, this time at Texas A&M

Brandon

Legend Of The Universe
PF Member
Reaction score
Multiple people, officers shot near Texas A&M campus; Suspect in custody

(CBS/AP) COLLEGE STATION, Texas - Texas A&M University said a shooter has been taken into custody near its campus in College Station.

College Station police spokeswoman Rhonda Seaton told CNN multiple people have been shot, including law enforcement, but she doesn't know the extent of the injuries. Multiple calls to Seaton's cellphone from The Associated Press have gone straight to voicemail.

Police said the suspect was firing shots from a house near the campus, CBS affiliate KHOU reported.

The university issued an alert on its website just before 12:30 p.m. Monday warning of an active shooter near the campus football stadium, Kyle Field. The warning tells residents and students to avoid the area.

Seaton says the shooting happened within a block or two of campus sometime before 12:45 p.m. She says police have one suspect in custody.

College Station lies about 90 miles northwest of Houston.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162...exas-a-m-campus-suspect-in-custody/?tag=socsh

Even in my country, crimes like these are becoming more frequent. I can't help but wonder what is happening to our world and to its people. I mean, did we enter any kind of transition where we feel that doing crime is already a norm?

Even in my country, crimes like these are becoming more frequent. I can't help but wonder what is happening to our world and to its people. I mean, did we enter any kind of transition where we feel that doing crime is already a norm?
You never see people talking about how many people die in the Chicago or LA streets on a daily basis. It's ridiculous.

Solution as always, more weapons for everybody.

There's been so many shootings this year. It's absurd. It's like the world is going mad.
Not to make lite of the situation, maybe the Mayans were right. :eek:

It's just a shame -- like everyone else I've had my bad days. I've been stomped on and kicked when I was down but I never thought about going out and shooting random people because I was mad at the world or the world screwed me over. What is going through these peoples mind is beyond me.

Not to make lite of the situation, maybe the Mayans were right. :eek:

It's just a shame -- like everyone else I've had my bad days. I've been stomped on and kicked when I was down but I never thought about going out and shooting random people because I was mad at the world or the world screwed me over. What is going through these peoples mind is beyond me.
Man, **** the Mayans. The world isn't going to end this year. People said the same thing back in 2002, Y2K anyone?

Man, if I lived near you and you called me about that incident, we'd go back and beat some ****. I agree though, maybe people are afraid for this year, so they go out and kill because they feel that there's truth behind the world ending? SMH

Back