What's new

AntiVirus of your choice

Nitro

Established Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
With the amount of anitvirus programs on the market today, it might be difficult for a beginner to be able to make a good decision.

So in the hopes that one day, such a person finds this thread and ultimately helps them :D, discuss AntiVirus programs you use and feel work well.

At the moment I'm using Avast!. It's great, it works and it's free. It gives you control over the settings, which some antivirus limit. So far, my computer has been fine using Avast!

Another one I used before was Norton. Main reason I used this was because it was bundled with the computer. Although it also kept me computer running well like Avast, it limited control. Sometimes it was hard just to fully shut it down. Reason to shut it down? Was blocking some much needed programs, and it took a while before I could actually work around it.

I prefer Avira anti virus as its free to use and if you need a paid version of anti virus software then you can choose kaspersky which is the best anti virus program according to me.;)

Darn Right XTR3M3...

I use Kaspersky when I need a paid, like on this computer..

But, for my netbook, where I don't browse as much.. I use AVG!

I use AVG (paid version), it gives me a level of protection that I need. On my other machines, I use either Avast or ThreatFire, though I'm starting to phase out ThreatFire because it's not as well-rounded as it perhaps should be.

I've used ESET Smart Security and that was brilliant. The worst ones were Panda and Norton which I tried years and years ago.

I've used several
avg and avast are good for free versions
I use kaspersky, but have used nod32 as well.. both great
I don't care for norton or mcaffee

Ah yeah, AVG is pretty good, and Avast, I used some of them ages ago and forgot to mention. Wasn't too impressed with the Avast UI though. I know thats not the most important thing but I think it could be done better.

Ah yeah, AVG is pretty good, and Avast, I used some of them ages ago and forgot to mention. Wasn't too impressed with the Avast UI though. I know thats not the most important thing but I think it could be done better.
I wasn't to impressed with the Avast UI either.
I like the interface that AVG uses, and love kaspersky's GUI

I got kaspersky free with one of those coupon codes which a mate gave me.. was cool. I just had to enter thier email into a form and it let me download it..

other than that, I think Avast! is free? Take a look there..

Yeah I think Avast is free, but when I was on Windows, I did actually purchase a more advanced version.

Back