What's new

Any other tips on how to control blood sugar?

W0lverine

New Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
There are several ways to control blood sugar. First, exercise regularly. Good forms of exercise like weight lifting, brisk walking, running, biking, dancing, hiking, and swimming make you lose weight. It also helps your muscles use blood sugar for energy and muscle contraction. Your cells are better able to use the available sugar in your bloodstream. Next, control your carb intake. Your body breaks carbohydrates down into sugars. When you eat too many carbs your blood glucose levels rise. A high-fiber diet which includes vegetables, fruits, legumes and whole grains improve blood sugar control. Drink water and stay hydrated. Drinking water is a key factor for rehydrating the blood and lowering blood sugar levels. Water and other non-caloric beverages are best. Avoid sugar-sweetened drinks because they raise blood glucose and drive weight gain. Lastly, it is important to control your stress level. Glucagon and cortisol are secreted during stress which can affect your blood sugar levels.

This has been very well said, and I strongly agree with everything that you posted.

In addition, you can also ask your parents or relatives if you have a family history of diabetes, which is inherited and can trigger as you age, or if you did not take care of yourself. Another is, you can have your blood glucose level checked, especially if this metabolic disorder runs in your family. It is better to be preventive before it attacks you.

I myself had the same health problem like you do. In our family blood line, most of my family and relatives are diabetic. I'm 27 now but i feel sluggish and experiencing migraine/headache from time to time. I'm not taking any maintenance medicine but I make sure to follow some helpful tips i read in the internet like drinking sufficient amount of water everyday or at least stay hydrated. Another way is to avoid sweet and fatty foods (I personally advice to avoid eating food with high saturated fat as it triggers or cause type 2 diabetes). You can also lessen your intake of food that are rich in carbohydrate like rice, potato etc. and add fruits and vegetables in your daily meal as an alternative for balance diet. You can also do some basic exercises like jogging, walking for starters and overweight. Zumba and yoga can also produce great result both in mental and physical aspect.

Back