What's new

Any suggestion on how to get your coupon mojo back

mrspris2u2

Senior Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
I have been emotionally stress for over a year now and with that stress I started to loss my zest for couponing. I financially need to get my butt back in to gear and i was wondering if any of yous ever had a couponing funk? How does one get that excitement back? I use to do deals everyday and even dream about getting stuff for free. any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Also does anyone live in the Yorkvile area? Maybe i need a coupon buddy to get my wheels turning again. Thanks

Priscilla:hiya:

I've been in a funk all summer -- now I've done a couple of deals and my coupon mojo is coming back. Unfortunately the deals right now aren't exactly free, but I am adjusting my expectations a little bit on getting things for free.

Get out there and do a few deals ... the rush will still be there. You may need to motivate yourself more to go, but once you're there you will enjoy it again.

this might make some cw'ers gasp :giggles:, but maybe go to the store and buy absolutely NOTHING on sale. get all of your items, not only without a coupon, but pay regular price, too.

that should shock you back:giggles:

Have had the same problem myself. When we were moving I stopped buying stuff since we had so much on hand already. Well about 12-16 months after the move I still had not gone back to coupons and had only been buying the basics like bread and milk. But we still had so much on hand.

I am ever so slowly getting back into it but it sure is hard. I used to have 2 big binders and now work from a small zip lock bag and it is just not the same :(

Thanks and I will do some deals and see if this sparks me and i refuse to pay full price for things i'm not that crazy i still have the frugal side in me...:huggy:

def. get back to checking CW often as we always try to support everyone here. If you have someone to coupon with...that makes it even better:) I haven't lost my zest yet but have felt overwhelmed and my DH suggested that I not do ALL the deals. So, I would do 9 out of 10 deals :lol: Anyway, everyone coupons differently, maybe start off by doing one really good deal to get your feet wet at one store like GM at jewel. Ignore all other threads. You'll be super happy at all the money you saved you will/can allow yourself to do another deal. Couponing is like juggling...you've gotta see how many things you can do before you add another to the pot...God bless you!

this might make some cw'ers gasp :giggles:, but maybe go to the store and buy absolutely NOTHING on sale. get all of your items, not only without a coupon, but pay regular price, too.

I did that (almost) last week and it was sickening. Grabbed a couple of tees and some other items on clearance and spent $45. :faint: It felt so...wrong. I ended up taking the tees back and got back most of my $.

You just need a good MM to get your groove back. Try Dominick's Scrubbing Bubbles. It's not a good MM, but it's a freebie nonetheless. And if that doesn't jolt you back into savings mode, then at least you'll have the goods to clean your house and maybe that will help. :)

HaHaHa ya that was my thought to do the scrubbing bubbles deal... too funny that you would say that as i was choosing my mission for today. You girls are wonderful.. I have been dealing with my Mom's illiness she has Amyloidosis is a rare blood disorder. She is uninsured as of today been working on medicaid (denyed ) reapplied in Aug also been denied 2x by social security. We live in Yorkville and I now have to take her to Strogers cook county for treatment because of all the bill collectors from the other hosiptals. Its just been more then one person can deal with let alone my own family issues. I just need to get out and do the deals for myself as well as for financial reasons...thanks again

HaHaHa ya that was my thought to do the scrubbing bubbles deal... too funny that you would say that as i was choosing my mission for today. You girls are wonderful.. I have been dealing with my Mom's illiness she has Amyloidosis is a rare blood disorder. She is uninsured as of today been working on medicaid (denyed ) reapplied in Aug also been denied 2x by social security. We live in Yorkville and I now have to take her to Strogers cook county for treatment because of all the bill collectors from the other hosiptals. Its just been more then one person can deal with let alone my own family issues. I just need to get out and do the deals for myself as well as for financial reasons...thanks again

:huggy: It sounds like a nightmare. Good luck to you. Scrubbing Bubbles or not. ;)

BTW, look for the new coupon books while you're there. Maybe that will help to keep you rolling (HA! No pun intended, but it works.)

I too had been in a couponing funk and did this exact thing while on vacation. It was the first vacation I did not take my coupons with me....after I spent (I am ashamed to even say this here for fear of being stoned or worse...flushed...) $4 on ONE box of cereal I came running back to my coupons. It was a major motivator!

I love couponing, but could you be burning yourself out by doing deals every day? I do weekly deals only one day early in the week (whatever store I miss, I miss) for maybe 4 hours. Then, I am done with the "major coupon day." The rest of the week, I just pick up items here and there, look for a coupon if I need to.

I think CW is a great place to be inspired- the members are great! I am addicted to this site (and couponing) and am here multiple times a day.

I love this site because my friends and family get bored of the "coupon talk" but I just love it! It is great to be around like-minded people!

I've taken about six weeks off and am fine with that. Now I'm coming back into it and am just picking the odd deal here and there.

I have been emotionally stress for over a year now and with that stress I started to loss my zest for couponing. I financially need to get my butt back in to gear and i was wondering if any of yous ever had a couponing funk? How does one get that excitement back? I use to do deals everyday and even dream about getting stuff for free. any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Also does anyone live in the Yorkvile area? Maybe i need a coupon buddy to get my wheels turning again. Thanks

Priscilla:hiya:

I wanted to send you a pm but you don't have them turned on.

I live in the Yorkville area. PM me.

Are you trying to get her on disability. Most people are denied multiple time before you are finally approved. Speaking from personal experience with my husband. Contact her local public official (town hall, local represenative). This is what finally unlocked the road block for my husband. Is there a local support group? They sometimes know the ins and outs of insurance issues and can get you in touch with the right individuals. If she takes prescription medication for the disease contact the companies for their patient assistance programs to get free medications.

I took the whole summer off and am just starting to get back into it. Sometimes you just need a break.

Or maybe go with a friend. (that way you don't actually spend any of your money) today I took my dad to walmart. he wanted to go. He had never been to one before- none in the city. Anyhow he spend over $20 on banquet frozen dinners and water and herring. he said the person in front of him spent over $140 on their food. then do a deal for yourself- maybe some free wag stuff.
we all go through ebbs and flows, ups and downs-i now it gets hards but keep going. you can do it. take 1 small deal at a time and build from that.
we are there with you! :huggy:

How about going to Cash Only for your shopping (hard cash, not even debit card) and pick a reward for yourself for going under your budget (you can even start small like 20% less then what you have been spending)

The rewards doesn't have to be big, just something you normally don't do - like a Slushie at Sonic (during half price hours of course), extra chic flick rental from RedBox (heck - anything but a kids movie), Or maybe if you set your sights bigger something like a pedicure.

thanks everyone i went out and played at dominicks with the scrubbing bubbles i think i have enough for a life time...lol

Back