What's new

any1 got any good ham recipes?

Stevebass4

Put the **** on a pedestal
PF Member
Reaction score
need a good ham recipe as i plan to cook a spiral ham this weekend and have no clue what to do with the leftovers btw i hate pea soup so i don't need that one ;)

mac n cheese with ham

cook the ham in brown sugar and a bit of honey in the crockpot. Leave it sti in there all day on low, it is soooo good.

Make pea soup and send it to me ;)

What about vegtable soup? Use veggies and the ham

Stevebass4 said:
need a good ham recipe as i plan to cook a spiral ham this weekend and have no clue what to do with the leftovers btw i hate pea soup so i don't need that one ;)
ham with sticky rice
ham with fried rice
ham as toppings for pizza
ham and grits
ham and eggs and cheese

Great idea about the crock pot - i'll have to see if mine is big enough to hold this 7lb ham :)

mac & cheese - great side idea too

If it wont hold it, you can bake it. THen when done baking for like the next meal take a few slices off and cook that way :)

Do you like Lentil Soup? Freeze some slices & the bone and use it in place of proscuitto.

Stevebass4 said:

Ham & scalloped potaotes - Delish!

Ham bone and bits are great for baked beans!

Get a Magic Bullet and make Ham Salad. LOL

This is one of my favorite recipes. It calls for chicken, too, but it's so good.

Calico Chicken With Penne

Colorful vegetables combined with chicken, ham and penne pasta.

8 ounces (2 1/3 cups) uncooked dried penne pasta

1 tablespoon LAND O LAKES® Butter

8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast strips

1/2 green pepper (1 cup), cut into thin strips

1 small onion, sliced

1/2 cup whipping cream

4 ounces (1 cup) chopped ham

1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese

6 Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced

1/2 teaspoon salt

Freshly ground pepper

Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; keep warm.

Meanwhile, melt butter in 10-inch skillet until sizzling; add chicken strips. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink (5 to 7 minutes). Add green pepper and onion. Cover; continue cooking until vegetables are crisply tender (5 to 7 minutes).

Add cooked pasta, whipping cream and ham. Cover; continue cooking until heated through (3 to 5 minutes). Stir in cheese, tomatoes, salt and pepper. Makes 4 servings.

Back