What's new

Anybody read any great books recently?

Just read Lone Wolf by Jodi Picoult this weekend--I have not liked her more recent books, okay I liked them until she rushed the endings-- but I did enjoy this one--nice easy summer reading

I just finished State of Wonder by Ann Patchett. I really enjoyed it.

I have 1 book loaded on my Fire. It is.....Make Everyday A Friday by Joel Olsteen, so far pretty good. I have been able to read 4 chapters since Mothers Day :lol:

Just Finished Gone Girl

which seems to be on every must read summer lists

so anyone else read it?? what did you think??

I think Gillian Flynn is a great writer--the story was creepy but GOOD!

I have 1 book loaded on my Fire. It is.....Make Everyday A Friday by Joel Olsteen, so far pretty good. I have been able to read 4 chapters since Mothers Day :lol:

I bought that book! I'm not a big Joel fan, but he has a great message. I have it on my table and pick it up every now and then.

I tried to read book thief--my kids had to read it for school--I didn't get far into it..perhaps I should try again!

Currently reading aftershocks by catherine coulter....

Just Finished Gone Girl

which seems to be on every must read summer lists

so anyone else read it?? what did you think??

I think Gillian Flynn is a great writer--the story was creepy but GOOD!

I put this on hold at my library, i'm # 1027. WOW! It must be a good book. Saw a preview for the movie Life of Pi and checked out the book. Anyone read it?

I put this on hold at my library, i'm # 1027. WOW! It must be a good book. Saw a preview for the movie Life of Pi and checked out the book. Anyone read it?

I broke down and bought Gone Girl. I thoroughly enjoyed how the book was written. I wasn't thrilled with the ending, but I enjoyed the book.

Life of Pi - you'll either love it or hate it at the end!

Glad you enjoyed gone girl--I really loved her writing style

Just read Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet for book club last week. Everyone agreed that not only was the author's style easy reading but the book itself was interesting. To tie in our dessert to the book (Chinese culture) I made Chinese almond cookies and bought Chinese fortune cookies and put them in several Chinese take-out containers. It was a vigorous discussion!

#565 on hold for Girl Gone, another month or so to go.
#56 on hold for No Easy Day, by the time I get it the hoopla will have died down.

Since last posting I enjoyed Life of Pi but there is a lot to skip in that book.

Have read several of the Women of the Otherworld series and The Ambler Warning which was good until the ending.

Currently on The Wolf Gift which is really moving along.

Finished all 8 older Ellen Hopkins books for our author visit next week--I have to read her new one that came out last week and her adult title triangles ( which I have been told is a bit racy in the style of 50 shades) She writes in verse a style I thought I would despise but I love!

Also read recently 2 Elin Hildebrand fluffy beach reads..

castaways and barefoot, both I really liked nice for beachy reads

Took about a month to get it from the library but I finally got Girl Gone and will start it tonight.

Read No Easy Day, meh. 200+ page book and it took over 100 pages before you got to the OBL portion.

Back