What's new

Anyone follow College Baseball

Kina

Senior Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
I love college baseball. The players seem to really be more in tuned with the game than the MLB. It is like they still have the love for it as we all did playing as kids, but on a national stage. Once you get in to the MLB, then money, agents, and contracts, seem to take away alot of purity from it.

So is anyone watching this season? SEC is dominating !!

I do follow my local college teams and get excited when I hear about neighborhood kids coming up. My grandparents are huge baseball fans and always spit out stats during Sunday dinner. I agree that the MLB does take some of the excitement out of it. It's like the college level gives you something to be excited about.

I follow it, but kind of loosely. My former university has a pretty decent team and they make it pretty easy to stay in touch.

I follow it only to a little extent. I may watch a few games here and there, but I really start watching about two weeks before the start of the College World Series in Omaha. I love watching that tournament because all the kids play hard and really want to win. All the games are close and are great to see. As I have seen it looks as if Vanderbilt has a pretty good squad this year.

I really don't follow college baseball. I did when I was much younger and my best friends brother pitched at Auburn. I have followed womens softball closer, as I am near Stetson and they have a ladies team I can go watch in person.

I totally agree with the OP, being an Oregon State fan I love college baseball. I also played small college baseball myself, and coach now. It is great to see local players who i have coached against playing at the D1 level and being successful. The passion they play with is great and the commitment to theory schools as well.

Well I usually don't bother following college baseball team but this year my school's team is ranked number 2 (UK) and they are playing amazing. I think college baseball and athletics are way more exciting then pro sports.

I follow it only to a little extent. I may watch a few games here and there, but I really start watching about two weeks before the start of the College World Series in Omaha. I love watching that tournament because all the kids play hard and really want to win. All the games are close and are great to see. As I have seen it looks as if Vanderbilt has a pretty good squad this year.

You make a good point. Most games are not on TV, so it is easier to follow if you live near the stadium. I live about 5 miles away from South Carolina's new stadium (which is real nice!), so going to games are pretty easy. But since they won back to back World Series, getting tickets has become a hassle.

The only college sports that I follow is basketball and football. I rarely do I ever watch college baseball. For some reason I can not explain why at this time and especially from a person who loves baseball. Maybe sometime in the future it will but for now no.

I live in Columbia,SC and am a HUGE Gamecock baseball fan.

I attend several games a season and I have been glued (as you can imagine) to the CWS the last few years.

It has been an incredible run for us! :D

I just hope we have one more left in us....but maybe that's just me being greedy.

Back