What's new

Anyone on the East coast watching Irene?

Bf and I are still without power. As a state employee, I had to return to work. There is electric and internet here since there are generators. We have tons of lines and trees down and it could be upto a week before we have electric or cable. BF and I are fine and texting back and forth. I am sooooo glad to see that it looks like we all made it out ok! 270,000 without power here.

Eastern NC University is surrounded by major flooding and they are having trouble keeping all the college kids out of the water. Idiots. There is major damage in Greenville - my sister's neighborhood is heavily damaged & flooded...they need the resources for that not stupid kids doing stupid things!
Yikes, my cousin's dd is a student at East Carolina...off to find out if she's ok.

Bumping up because no one has heard from Tazz :pout:

Yikes, my cousin's dd is a student at East Carolina...off to find out if she's ok.
Couldn't reach her directly, but word thru the family grapevine is that she & her apartment-mates decided to go out at some point and during the period they were out, a huge tree crashed through the roof and landed on one of their beds. :dunce:

My cousin's ex is now down in NC helping them find a new apartment.

Thank G-d she & her roomies are all ok.

OMG! This isn't them is it? http://www.reflector.com/news/2000-homes-damaged-pitt-664511

Thank God they are ok!

Couldn't reach her directly, but word thru the family grapevine is that she & her apartment-mates decided to go out at some point and during the period they were out, a huge tree crashed through the roof and landed on one of their beds. :dunce:

My cousin's ex is now down in NC helping them find a new apartment.

Thank G-d she & her roomies are all ok.

There was a lot of damage to student housing both on and off campus from what I've read. Thank the Lord no one was hurt

She's not mentioned in that article, not sure if those are her roommates. IIRC she's a junior, not a senior, & her name is April.

I have a feeling a lot a trees went down there, my gosh look at the size of them.Thank G-d no one was killed. :dunce:

One of the guys at work has a condo in Vermont. He was thinking of taking his family there during the storm since they live on Long Island, where the worst of the storm was going to hit. He decided against it since he had to fly to TX on Monday for a project.

He found out the town in VT is totally flooded. He spoke to someone who lives in the same building up there and they're stranded there. Most of the roads are washed out and they think it may be a week or two before they can even think of leaving. His building wasn't damaged as it's on the side of a mountain but being stranded for that long would have been no fun.

Greenville, NC - where my sister lives (not her house)

4e5ab181-96d8-e378-0d3c-641873054e79-640x426.jpg

That's annoying I can't get the other pictures to link. Darn online newspaper LOL
reflector-photos-images-hurricane-irene-658643

One of the guys at work has a condo in Vermont. He was thinking of taking his family there during the storm since they live on Long Island, where the worst of the storm was going to hit. He decided against it since he had to fly to TX on Monday for a project.

He found out the town in VT is totally flooded. He spoke to someone who lives in the same building up there and they're stranded there. Most of the roads are washed out and they think it may be a week or two before they can even think of leaving. His building wasn't damaged as it's on the side of a mountain but being stranded for that long would have been no fun.
Flooding was unreal in Vermont.

Vermont has been devastated, bridges & buildings washing away that had stood over 141 years :(

Over 250 roads have been washed away...the VT National guard is using choppers to get to folks as there is no other way to reach them.

Flooding was unreal in Vermont.

Vermont has been devastated, bridges & buildings washing away that had stood over 141 years :(

Over 250 roads have been washed away...the VT National guard is using choppers to get to folks as there is no other way to reach them.

I was just reading on MSN that they're airlifting food & water to folks in Vermont.

Can't help but wonder how many pets did and will perish. :pout:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hurri...-Rescue-Resource-Page/103720599733857?sk=wall

What a wonderful man from the page above:
Terri Lee
I will foster a dog until an owner is found - Im north of Boston and will gladly keep a dog, even if the owner is known and has housing issues. Please let me know - I have 40 acres and dogs sleep inside every night.

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=106580872781163&id=103720599733857http://www.facebook.com/Hurricane.Irene.LOSTandFOUNDPets

:cry1: So many lost pets...

Can't help but wonder how many pets did and will perish. :pout:

I saw a post from TAZZ in another thread from today. So guess she has electric where she is & is a-ok, but not checking this thread. HTH :)

OMG! This isn't them is it? http://www.reflector.com/news/2000-homes-damaged-pitt-664511

Thank God they are ok!
I still haven't been able to talk to April, but did speak with her mom [my cousin] today. Turns out that was their apartment!!!
April's room wasn't damaged but they had to move out.

083011hurricanedamage_0.jpg
083011hurricanedamage2_0.jpg

0830hurricanedamage7_0.jpg
0830hurricanedamage4_0.jpg

She and her roomies were given a few minutes to clear out after, so they just tossed belongings into trash bags. Even with her dad's help, they still haven't been able to find a new apartment.

The storm made the housing situation there even more difficult.

I am so thankful they are safe, they were very lucky.

Holy crap ennui! I'm so glad they're ok............wow!

Back