What's new

Are you a stupid cheating scumbag?

Should there be a Surgeon Generals warning on Mc.Donalds food products?

• Yes

Votes: 13 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Matt Carr

Mastermind Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Or to put it another way... do you ever cheat in games before you've finished them to progress through them?

Matt Carr said:
Or to put it another way... do you ever cheat in games before you've finished them to progress through them?

Well, I cannot cheat. I am out to review a game. I cannot get a clear image of them game (Gameplay) if I cheat. So no, I don't.

The only time I actually used cheats was using GameShark for GTA: Vice City, but that was after I beat 100% of the game.

I only cheat after I finish to squeeze a final hour or two of gaming out of the game I am playing.

**** no first time. I'm not spending £40 and therefore chucking a good challenge down the drain. Im not a man for guides either. First time I used one, I used ti again....and again....and again. But as Shane said, squeeze a few dd hours after beating it on hard and such.

Only if im completely stuck on something, or to make the game harder and more interesting.

Like in ResidentEvil RE, I made all the zombies invisible and the only weapon I used through the whole game was a handgun.

Evan said:
Only if im completely stuck on something, or to make the game harder and more interesting.

Like in ResidentEvil RE, I made all the zombies invisible and the only weapon I used through the whole game was a handgun.

Well, if that's what you like to do fine, but don't bring those cheats on online games. One question, how do you get an accurate view of a gameplay for reviewing when you are cheating?

If a game is so pathetically unfair and hard that you're at the point where you desperately need a guide or cheats, I'd say that's an important point to write about in a review.

Nah, I don't use guides or cheats until I've beaten the game. Just more fun that way. But I'll admit, that infinite grenades glitch in RE was pretty cool!

If a game is so pathetically unfair and hard that you're at the point where you desperately need a guide or cheats, I'd say that's an important point to write about in a review.

It would be important to talk about, but you cannot review a game with cheat enabled. That is an inaccurate view.

It is not fair to the readers that you get a un-accurate view of the game because the reviewer doesn't want to play the game that he has been assigned.

If the game is way to hard then you write about it, you don't turn cheats on and continue reviewing.

Redd Dragon said:
It would be important to talk about, but you cannot review a game with cheat enabled. That is an inaccurate view.

It is not fair to the readers that you get a un-accurate view of the game because the reviewer doesn't want to play the game that he has been assigned.

If the game is way to hard then you write about it, you don't turn cheats on and continue reviewing.

ummm...duh? Obviously we don't cheat, but if there's a point where you know most people will cheat, then yeeeaah you say it. :icon_conf

NintendoSpirit said:
ummm...duh? Obviously we don't cheat, but if there's a point where you know most people will cheat, then yeeeaah you say it. :icon_conf

Well, I was just saying...... :rockon: ..... < I forgot about that smiley.

Redd Dragon said:
Well, if that's what you like to do fine, but don't bring those cheats on online games. One question, how do you get an accurate view of a gameplay for reviewing when you are cheating?

actually the games I review, dont have codes. And were actually not needed. The games that are being released are getting easier.

And I havent taken any games online.... Im thinking of taking the PS2 online but dont know how. I'd love to play SOCOM 2 at my house.

Evan said:
actually the games I review, dont have codes. And were actually not needed. The games that are being released are getting easier.

And I havent taken any games online.... Im thinking of taking the PS2 online but dont know how. I'd love to play SOCOM 2 at my house.

To go online all you need is a network adapter, the network adapter CD, and an ISP.

If you have dial-up (You need Broad Band to play Socom 2) just plug the phone wire into the wall. If you have broad band get another cat-5 cord and plug it into the network adapter to the modem. It all told better in the installation CD.

Just get the adapter and it will tell you all you need to know.

I'm one of those scummy cheaters that like to enable god mode or something like that before I even finish the game w/o cheats. I usually do this if I know there are secret things so with god mode on I feel more comfortable to be able to explore areas w/o fearing of dying so much (which stresses the hell out of me). It's not like I'd run headlong into a hail of fire even if I am in god mode; I guess it's kind of like an insurance policy for me.. especially for games that don't let you save anywhere you like. Dying and having to start from the beginning of the level doesn't sound like much fun to me.

But not many games I play now have cheats in them anyway. I do like to read game FAQ's, which doesn't necessarily mean they're walkthroughs. I tend to use walkthrus a lot for games that have a lot of hidden things in them, so I'd like to try to unlock as much as I can my first time through. Even with the walkthrough, I don't have to follow everything step by step cos usually they're just no-brainers.. I basically skim for things I should note, or only look for what to do when I'm at a point where I'm absolutely stumped.

Too bad the UHS Reader isn't absolutely free anymore (www.uhs-hints.com) cos it gives you gradual hints rather than a flat out walkthru..

Cheating in online games by means of say hacking your stats, or using an auto-aimer is just plain sucky. Those kinds of players that do that are the ones that make the game not fun anymore, and probably end up killing the game for other people. That's one reason why I stopped playing Quake 2.

How is it fun without that having that feeling of getting killed... I hate god mode unless I am running around in a first person shooter with a pair of fists or a crowbar for some fun.

not me i cheat only after i have clocked the game and i hate internet cheaters like people who cheat in vietcong multiplayer :mad: :ticked:

I find I cheat more as I am older than I did when I was young, simply because sometimes I lack to time to complete the game, and I want to see the ending. I never cheat playing multiplayer though. That is wrong.

Matt Carr said:

Depend, if the game is boring from starting till after playing 2 hours of it, i will use cheat.If the game as an incredible scenario but a poor gameplay design, i will cheat.

If it's an Acclaim game i will cheat.
:nod:

i cheated first time when i was playin starcraft either re-volt......
those games were too hard for me and i was too suck for them.....

Not a Cheater

Honestly for you people out there who always cheat atleast TRY the game without cheating trust me its a lot more fun. EXAMPLE: When my sister plays the sims she just gives herself infinite money, buys everything and her sims are perfect. This removes the challenge of spending money wisely, just as in real life its not as great with infinite money (In my opinion) Once you completely 100% beat a game inside and out THEN its ok to cheat but not until then!

Back