What's new

Are you a thief?

Redd Dragon

Active Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
I can say that I don't. I give credit to the creators by actually buying the music. All you poor people need to get a job and work for it.

I use iTunes! You all should too.

EDIT: I meant to vote for Online not Store, but what can you do

Redd Dragon said:
EDIT: I meant to vote for Online not Store, but what can you do

Fixed your vote.

I download a lot of songs and try to buy the ones that are worth my money.

Same with me, there is nothing worse then buying a CD with one good song you heard on the radio then the rest are crap.

I get all my music from albums. It isnt cheap, but at least I know I'm paying for my music. I odnt condone downlaoding music illegally though...

Matt Carr said:
Fixed your vote.

I download a lot of songs and try to buy the ones that are worth my money.

Thanks Mr. Matt.

Shane said:
Same with me, there is nothing worse then buying a CD with one good song you heard on the radio then the rest are crap.

Then buy online with iTunes. Thats what I do.

I download songs for my mp3 player, and I also download songs to preview a CD. If I like the songs I buy the CD, seeing as how I dont have a CD burner.

I don't feel any guilt for downloading music, if some token rapper called 'Lil Kenny T' can make some peice of crap song and expect millions of dollars from it then I like the fact that he doesn't get every cent.

Then again you get the lesser known bands that work hard for some cash. They benefit from mp3 downloads, it makes them more well known, and like a few people have said in this thread, they buy the CD if they like the music.

The music industry is an over-paid sespool where anyone can sing the worst sounding song and fix it up with some computer enhancements and make millions. I hate it.

Indeed. Most of the "mainstream" music is from talentless nobodies that win morons over with their crap and make millions. If I didn't download music then I doubt I would have bought any of the CDs from bands that are actually good yet don't recieve recognition because they aren't rap or a hot chick.

Shane said:
I don't feel any guilt for downloading music, if some token rapper called 'Lil Kenny T' can make some peice of crap song and expect millions of dollars from it then I like the fact that he doesn't get every cent.

Then again you get the lesser known bands that work hard for some cash. They benefit from mp3 downloads, it makes them more well known, and like a few people have said in this thread, they buy the CD if they like the music.

The music industry is an over-paid sespool where anyone can sing the worst sounding song and fix it up with some computer enhancements and make millions. I hate it.

That's all well and good, but it isn't right. They are making millions, but that doesn't justify stealing because your jealous of there career choice.

The only reason I downloaded music illegally, sometimes, is because I hate the RIAA. They use illegal versions of Peer 2 Peer Software and destroy computers to find out info, illegally, so they can sue you for downloading music. They do something illegal to sue you from doing something illegal.

The artist don't get all the money, you know. They actually get 10% of each cd sale. 90% goes else where.

Yes I download music illegally, but nearly everything I have is by bands like the Beatles and Led Zeppelin who at this point wouldn't benefit from me buying their stuff anyway. Plus my dad owns all their stuff anyway, I'm just grabbing the digital versions online. The newest stuff I have on my computer is by Nirvana, and I doubt I would be doing Kurt any injustice :(

NintendoSpirit said:
Yes I download music illegally, but nearly everything I have is by bands like the Beatles and Led Zeppelin who at this point wouldn't benefit from me buying their stuff anyway. Plus my dad owns all their stuff anyway, I'm just grabbing the digital versions online. The newest stuff I have on my computer is by Nirvana, and I doubt I would be doing Kurt any injustice :(

The Beatles music? If you bought any of their music most of your money from that would go to Michael Jackson. Might as well download in that case. Still stealing, though.

Pretty much 85% of all profits go to the record companies. Maybe this is why its the record comapnies that are *****ing more than the artists themselves :rollseyes:

But stealing music that a small group of people have created from inside a room of food, water and instruments for months on end doesnt feel too right to me.

Well I do indeed , however I buy the GOOD CD's such as , Metallica , I mean most music I do download is for convenience and to put on comp. CD's but I do buy the full CD's .

However some music I do download is just daylight robbery really , no excuse , but bleergh .

I never buy any music or download (through p2p)

I am using alt.binaries.sounds for it ...

I'm with lobo on this. I download music, but not from p2p systems. Almost exclusively Usenet.

I'll have to vote no to buying music or downloading from p2p, just usenet... :)

i use P2P and if i discover a band i like, i'll frequently go buy their CD *shrug*

Back