What's new

At what age should people start working?

Depending on what you mean by work, children as young as 5-6 years old can do meaningful jobs that are easy for them and help with getting experience. I had my first paying summer job back when I was 15, and I started working full time at the age of 22 or so after university. People typically study until they're either 16 or 18, and with good reason.

i think at 13 or 14 years age we should have some basic type of job/work, and after 18 a full time job/work is recommended

I think it depends on what your situation is. Some parents try to teach their kids some responsibility and they'll do that by making them do certain chores or jobs around the house. Then they'll let you do some other things like babysitting, once you get to a certain age. The older you get, the more responsibility they'll think you can handle. They try to teach this to their kids so that their kids will be able to take care of themselves when they get old enough to leave home.

I had 2 paper routes when I was 13 or 14.

I didn't start working until I was 19, which is later than most. But I also had very high grades throughout high school and college. My parents were fine with me not having a job while I was in high school, as it allowed me to focus on my school work. Once I started my job, I was mature and eager to work. I still spend the summers working there as I am a teacher and have summers off from teaching.

I think most kids should start a job before they turn 20. A lot of it depends on their needs and level of maturity. In my summer job, I am a supervisor, and we have a lot of workers who are under 18. Some are great. Others are not, and they're not always willing to change their habits.

Work experience is essential once you start applying for jobs that you actually can expect to put food on the table. If two candidates that are equally good on paper apply for a job as an accountant, that year as a teenager delivering pizzas or working at a convenience store can be essential. I think a good age to start thinking about a part time job is around 14-17, though the work shouldn't come in the way of one's education.

I started working for my dad at 14 in his shop. Sweeping floors, taking out garbage, etc. to start. Then moved up from there. I didn't do much if school started to get in the way.

Well this requires legality. It will depend on what legal age are you allowed to work. For me as soon as you're at a legal age then it is better to start looking for a job and gather as much experiences as possible. That will help you most on your future and it will help you be hired easily as well. Some company chooses those who does not finish college but had experienced than those fresh graduates that does not have any experienced yet.

Who first starts, first ends. And, given the times, it is better to start working immediately to avoid retiring when not even the stick is able to hold on to us. We still hold the 16-year rule as the minimum age to start working. A rule that, however, has some tears: you can start working at 14 years in the agriculture and family services, provided that the child's health is protected and the work does not obstruct the school obligation. under the age of 14, in the entertainment or film industry. Think of how many children we regularly see in TV dramas or in films, subject to regular contract with parental consent. My first and only fixed-term contract I had at age 27 and I worked for about 20 months in a computer science, then I quit and at the age of just 30 (a few days) I graduated in electrical engineering from the old system. Now i have to wait before finding a job classification worthy of being called "normal" because in addition to trainerships and project contracts underpaid here what little is worth gold. The alternative is to accept the most serious proposals that come only from the North, but it is not easy for a thirty year old to abandon everything and suddenly change life.

Back