What's new

Attn Cookie/Cake decorators

gruvychic

Senior Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
my MIL called me this morning on her way home from the hospital (she's agency nurse and works all over) and said there is a Wilton Tent Sale on I-355 and 75th. I haven't been yet, so don't know what's available and if the prices are good.

This was discussed a few weeks back. Some said they liked the tent sales and some said it is less expensive to go to Michaels or Jo Ann's or sumtin with 40% off Q's.

oh, guess I missed that. I've never heard of it before.

I hadn't either. ;-)

Where are you at? I have some stuff that I would be more than happy to lend out.

We should all pool our resources better up here.

Thank for posting, gruvy! My sister has gone and said the line was ridiculous and they didn't have anything we needed :lol: but I'd still like to check it out sometime...... unfortunately, not this time :gah:

Thanks for thinking of us though :huggy:

I haven't been to it for awhile, but it's very crowded and some prices are good, some, not so much. They do have a lot of interesting stuff. I got some good deals on frosting tint. You never know what they will have!

I went...I saw...I spent WAY too much money. :lol: All that suff for $1 or less adds up fast. I told DH I spent more than intended, but not how much I actually spent. He'll find out soon enough when he checks the credit card. :hides:

It was pretty cool. Def lots of people there, but not over crowded. At least not for a once a year event like that. No long line to check out. I think the rain might have scared a lot of people away. I had several things I wanted to get like decorating tips, tint, cookie cutters, etc. If you already have most everything I can see where it wouldn't be worth the trip. Unless you bake wedding cakes are getting married or have a baby shower coming up. TONS of that stuff. I'm good now and can just pick up the occasional item with a 40% off q.

pooling resources would be a great idea. I have tons of candy molds, cake pans (square, round, sheet, heart, oval) a few character pans.
I am in Des Plaines

I hadn't either. ;-)

Where are you at? I have some stuff that I would be more than happy to lend out.

We should all pool our resources better up here.

In the past for me the tent sale is a great place to stock up on cake boards and boxes til I found out that U-line sells all that stuff. They have every size and shape box and board that you want.
The tent sale (in the past) has had things like picture frames, scrapbooking supplies and cook wear. If you wait til the end they will slash prices on items. 2 years ago I bought a few enamel coated cast iron pans from the mario batali collection for about 10 each!
It has always been worth a drive to check it out for me, but that dollar stuff does add up fast!

I went with my MIL today and it was a successful trip. It was crowded but I could still move around fine. We werent shoulder to shoulder or anything. I know I got really good deals on the stuff I bought and am really happy I went. I got 3 garbage bags full of stuff and I spent $111. I would have spent way more buying these items a little here and there at Michaels like I normally do.

Back