What's new

Bad eating manners

focadima

Legend Of The Universe
PF Member
Reaction score
I have this co worker--she is "mature" --nice way of saying older then me.. :)

anyway..
she has horrible manners when it comes to eating--with her hands or picks apart food shoves it in her face from a napkin
hard to explain--but I cant even stand to look at her when she eats anymore

the other day she had pieroge --ate it with her hand--split open the halves and licked out the filling

gross I tell you

i could go on and on--I eat lunch with her every day--I want/need the company but geez

One of my ex's was never taught how to cut with a knife. I was shocked to learn of it. lol

You must really want the company. I would have cut her off at the first display of nastiness.

Then again I was raised with a horrible stigma attached to table manners. Grandma didn't play when it came to that. We(my mother, aunts, & uncle) all we're stabbed(by a fork) at some point for the infamous "putting the elbow on the table while eating". She was quick as hell & wouldn't say a word. Just pop you and continue on eating.

I'm really big into manners. The elbow thing I don't really care about. But table manners, saying thank you, you're welcome etc. is big with me. It really irks me when I see people leaving off the bus and the bus driver says "Have a nice day" and they don't even give a grunt back.

Same here. Anytime I put something(for free) on Craigslist or Freecycle I almost always ignore the people who respond with, "I'll take that." for the ones who know how to use basic manners. What's so fing hard about saying a please or a thank you?

:gah: That would drive me INSANE. Do you have to eat at the same time she does? I think I'd go eat in my car. :lol:

My kids make fun of me because I make them put their napkins on their laps (for years we only used cloth napkins...I've gotten away from that because I hate laudry ;)) and I will stare at their elbow until it is off the table. And the burping! OMG, *that* drives me nuts. One of my SD's used to be a big burper. Nothing worked until I told DH if he didn't stop that behavior I was going to kick him in the shin under the table every. single. time. she burped. My other peeve is taking the last of the food without offering it to everyone else. You'd think my SD's were raised in a barn...then again, 8 meals a month with us, no wonderit took years to correct their habits. :p

I always ask for something in an email or text with "If possible, could _______. Thanks."

Basic manners goes so far with dirtbags nowadays.

My boss is in Israel this week, called me up about an hour ago shoveling food into his face and talking into his craptastic cell phone asking about emails and then yelling about me talking and him not hearing. So I hung up accidentally on purpose.

Idiot.

You must really want the company. I would have cut her off at the first display of nastiness.

Then again I was raised with a horrible stigma attached to table manners. Grandma didn't play when it came to that. We(my mother, aunts, & uncle) all we're stabbed(by a fork) at some point for the infamous "putting the elbow on the table while eating". She was quick as hell & wouldn't say a word. Just pop you and continue on eating.

:lol:

Lisa - I now have a bad picture of her digging out the pierogi filling with her tongue! :lol:

Maybe she was hitting on you in an odd lesbian way with the pierogi? :snort:

One of my ex's was never taught how to cut with a knife. I was shocked to learn of it. lol

Tazz - we were at our neighbors house and she had a ham. When my ds wanted his cut, she handed him scissors! The look on his face was priceless! :lol:

okay the shoving food from a napkin goes along with eating food from a baggie--she shoves it up to her face like a feedbag

and yes--she is a burper--loud

and always says

oh excussssssssse me

ugh

okay the shoving food from a napkin goes along with eating food from a baggie--she shoves it up to her face like a feedbag

and always says

oh excussssssssse me

ugh

I know it must suck for you, but reading it is hysterical!!

and always says

oh excussssssssse me

ugh

I can hear my grandma now. "Were you raised in a barn!?!"

My uncle eats like he'll get a prize if he finishes in under 2 minutes. (I guess being second youngeest of 8 could have contributed to that.) Let's just say it's not pretty and leads to burping since it's shoveled in so fast.

Ugh, that feed-bag thing would drive me nuts!

my father-in-law has marginal table manners. The worst, though, is that in the evenings he lays on the floor with his pants low enough to see his crack. He will just let one rip loud enough for everyone to know exactly who that was, and he'll never say as much as excuse me. Everyone pretends like nothing happened. MIL never says anything to him..

and get this she was married--for hmmm 17 years?
her ex dhis a succesful business man

I can see why after somtime he couldnt stand her around for business type meals..

she slams him and his upity-ness all the time

LOL

Ugh that's just ****ing disgusting. Two of my biggest pet peeves - No manners and Loud eaters. Obnoxious eaters goes hand in hand with both of those.

I used to work with a woman who grunted when she ate, and hoarded her food - like made a ton of leftovers that all together made the breakroom smell like ****, then would have it all in front of her but super close together and would nearly hug the food, wrapping her arms around it in a protective way. Trust me lady, nobody wants your two week old shepards pie. ****ing gross.

Back