What's new

Baking with Silicone Bakeware

Steve

Peak Forum Legend
PF Member
Reaction score
Do any of you ladies have silicone bakeware that you use a lot?
I got a 5 piece set from the thrift store for $3.99. It's thick, sturdy kind. In red..(goes nice in the kitchen:giggles:)
Got the 9x13, 9x9, loaf, 12 ****in pan and a bundt. I gather you set it on a cookie sheet for stability, but do you cut down on the cooking time? Lower or higher shelf in the oven? Do you spray with pam? Do you love it? Hate it? I figure for 4 bucks, I'd try it.

Thanks for your input.

I have a few pieces I received as gifts. I use them occasionally because I'm too cheap to replace them, but I really don't care for them. It seems like getting them completely clean is more difficult than my metal and glass bakeware. I think it's something in the cooking spray.. ?

I bought several pieces at Aldi when they had them on special. I thought I would really love them because they are flexible and light. Unfortunately, they are difficult to clean, they need to be placed on a cookie sheet, etc. because they're unstable, and they are beginning to stain (bundt pan). I only use a small amount of EVOO on paper towels so don't know about the cooking spray.

Do any of you ladies have silicone bakeware that you use a lot?
I got a 5 piece set from the thrift store for $3.99. It's thick, sturdy kind. In red..(goes nice in the kitchen:giggles:)
Got the 9x13, 9x9, loaf, 12 ****in pan and a bundt. I gather you set it on a cookie sheet for stability, but do you cut down on the cooking time? Lower or higher shelf in the oven? Do you spray with pam? Do you love it? Hate it? I figure for 4 bucks, I'd try it.

Thanks for your input.

Silicone = toxins in the food. If you care about your health I would stay clear of it.

a good friend of mine who enjoys cooking told me this years ago-( that silicone pans are not good for you) -so I never bought any

Back