What's new

Bash those who say race isn't playing apart in Hurricance relief in New Orleans.

AlwaysMsBehavin

Established Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
The simple truth is on every level of government they fail those people trapped in the aftermath of the hurricane. I know that had then been a mostly white community, it would not have taken 4 days to get any sort of relief to them. A lot of the black public figures have been speaking on this issue as of yesterday, and you get whites saying it's a human tragedy and true it is, but we know had it been in a white city Bush would have walked on water to get relief to them.

He was in little brother Jeb's state right after handing supplies out and making sure people were taken care of. So bash all you blind people who can't see that race did play a part in the 4 day late response to victims of the hurricane.:angry4:

What? Ok the race I am assuming you are talking about its white. Because, you do know that its only New Orleans that is more than 50% black. In fact, the VAST majority of people in the effected states are WHITE! some parishes are over 90% white. They only reason it looks predominatly black is that THAT IS WHERE THE CAMERAS ARE! It makes for better TV. Sorry, it isnt a race issue, it couldnt be. Oh yah and guess what, the person primarily resposable for this debaucle. The person who is to blame form that city not being prepared, is the mayor of the city, who is in fact BLACK! He keeps blaming everyone but himself. The fact that the worst hit area is predominatly black is an accident of demographics and the reason the releif cant get to them is because they are SHOOTING THE RELIEF WORKERS!

Get a freaking clue.

AlwaysMsBehavin said:
The simple truth is on every level of government they fail those people trapped in the aftermath of the hurricane. I know that had then been a mostly white community, it would not have taken 4 days to get any sort of relief to them. A lot of the black public figures have been speaking on this issue as of yesterday, and you get whites saying it's a human tragedy and true it is, but we know had it been in a white city Bush would have walked on water to get relief to them.

He was in little brother Jeb's state right after handing supplies out and making sure people were taken care of. So bash all you blind people who can't see that race did play a part in the 4 day late response to victims of the hurricane.:angry4:

I completely disagree. Race had nothing to do with the response time whatsoever. As Angry pointed out in another post, the immediate response should have been from the local government. The secondary response from the State government, and finally, the Federal government. Why didn't the Mayor with the big mouth have any kind of plan? Where was he? Why was there such looting, raping, and pillaging? Why did people shoot at rescuers? Maybe if the people trying to help were not shot at, things would have gone differently.

Sorry, playing the race card here is simply biting the hand that feeds you. It is inappropriate in a situation like this.

The majority of LA is black, but I do not beleive that race played the part. Bare with me for one second; I hate to see any child suffer or hurt at all, but what if God or whoever higher power some of you beleive in, what if those people were supposed to stay there and expire, I mean look at how they are acting. What if all the people that made it out before the storm were the only ones that were supposed to survive and the ones that were left behind were not supposed to? They were doing dmage to their own city and now they are here in my city, and others, doing the same damage. It's just a what if...

I am really starting to get scared, people have already been robbed, cars stolen, places broken into, I am getting worried.

By the way, in 2001 when we had Flood Alison and most of the southeastern part of Texas was under water I don't remember the president visiting, I don't remember troops here having to control the masses, I don't remember anyone coming to help my neighbors off their rooftops. When the flood waters went down we finally got FEMA and red cross, but as far as I could see we cleaned up our own neighborhoods we volunteered at our own shelters and we helped our own. We had noone coming in from all over to help us. Did we complain? NO. Did we loot and go crazy with guns? NO. We got back up and we rebuilt. I was part of the clean up process, I was helping in the relocation of the thousands of flood cars, I saw many people who had nothing left I saw a few that lost a loved ones life due to the flood. We had no warning, the storm came through went away and came right back. No one knew what we were about to face. I lost 2 cars in two different cities in two different counties My dog almost drowned. My kids and my husband were here and I was in Fort Worth. We came back and had to take detours to get into the city, we saw people still ontop of freeway over passes waiting for the waters to receed. My husband and a friend of ours took lists and money from all the people in our complex and waded through the waters all the way to the walmart to buy food, water, diapers, other needs and bought a little boat and waded back with all the items in the boat and gave everyone their change and the stuff they needed. Our medical center was under water, we had lost all of our hope, but we kept our wits about us and we pulled through. Sometimes it takes tragidy such as this to pull everyone together. Granted the situation is a bit different, but it is still a tragidy to have to look into anyone's face when they realise they have lost everything they worked hard to build. I love LA, it's my home and I hope that these people can come together and build it back. I hope they realize that their is hope.

A disaster of this sort does constitute federal relief. That's what FEMA was established for. As much as I would like to blame Bush for this, because he's such a despicable character in my eye, he doesn't have any direct involvement in emergency response such as this. He dropped the ball in other ways, such as cutting funds from agencies such as FEMA and from national preservation societies, he limited both the ability to maintain devices such as levees and to repair damages caused by a storm. For American citizens, victims of a terrible tragedy, to go 4 days without any food or water is unacceptable. That Bush commends the efforts of FEMA despite this disgrace is inconceiveable. But you can't blame Bush for this.
You also can't compare this event to other disasters in order to point out the flaws of New Orleans residents in handling the situation. If your city fell into a state of lawlessness due to a storm wiping out the majority of the city, including police and fire stations, and everyone was looting food stores just to survive, you'd probably be sitting on your rooftop with a cooler full of your remaining food chained to your foot and a shotgun cradled in both hands. People don't see the law looking over their shoulder, and they become crazy. It's every man, woman, and child for himself.
Instead, just accept that it happened the way that it happened, swallow your **** partisan pride, and help the victims.

Riled up? Were riled up? Wow... I would hate to see what you consider psycotic. Im calm, I just enjoy a healthy debate as do most people on this site. However I do not appreciate people who come here just to 'rile us up' That is what is called trolling, and to be honest, I had suspected that was what this was all about from the begining. Please dont come here just to cause fights. Contribute to the debate, dont just try and 'rile us up' cause it aint gonna happen.

Beautifully said Sicander! :applaus:

Things are calming down a lot around here. Good thing. Hopefully the refugees will be getting settled in to temporary homes soon. It will still be awhile before they can go home to LA. Many other states are ptching in greatly. A lot of the refugee's have been divided among the states now. It makes it so much easier. I just hope they all find their family members safe. Especially the children, there are many children who are with CPS right now waiting on a family member to find them.

Mustang Kitty Cat said:
Beautifully said Sicander! :applaus:

Things are calming down a lot around here. Good thing. Hopefully the refugees will be getting settled in to temporary homes soon. It will still be awhile before they can go home to LA. Many other states are ptching in greatly. A lot of the refugee's have been divided among the states now. It makes it so much easier. I just hope they all find their family members safe. Especially the children, there are many children who are with CPS right now waiting on a family member to find them.
I hear they are re opening some closed schools down in Texas so that the refugee kids will be able to get back to some sort of normalcy. Thats awsome! Laura Bush has more influence then you would expect I guess. If I wasnt pushing so hard for Rudy Juliani for president come next election i would say SHE should run! All around good lady if you ask me, need more of her type in this world.

Oh yah Juliani for President!

um theres this HILARIOUS thing on www.heavylite.com

i'll see if i can find the link... its this pick of this black guy with food and its like " a ctizen, having lootd the store"

and theres an identical pic of a white guy and it like "a citizen having FOUND SOME FOOD"

its hilarious

Unless you saw what transpired before the pictures were taken, do not be so quick to cry foul.

For example, happening upon a store that has been looted already, and taking some bread IS NOT the same as breaking the windows, and initiating the process. Without having seen the circumstances, I am reserving judgement.

Well, I have to say, in a situation where it is life or death, being starve or not I have to say I would take the bread, the pepsi could have been bottled water to drink so that you don't get dehydrated. I can understand taking supplies for survival, but not junk that is really not going to keep you alive or healthy.

GoingNova said:
Unless you saw what transpired before the pictures were taken, do not be so quick to cry foul.

For example, happening upon a store that has been looted already, and taking some bread IS NOT the same as breaking the windows, and initiating the process. Without having seen the circumstances, I am reserving judgement.

W_T_F ?

it doesn't matter if windows are being broken into or not, he's taking bread to have something to eat. A grocery store can't possibly be "looted" during a disaster aftermath like this. Oh no, the windows didn't break, let's rather starve than become evil looters and get shot!

If all he's carrying is food and water, it is nothing but racist to label him a looter when others that do the same thing just "found it". I'd certainly not pick up any food I found floating around the streets of NO these days, unless I'm really keen on getting some serious infection or other nasty disease, so I'm certain they took it from a grocery store as well, and it just doesn't matter if they had to break into it.

Just a shame the black man isn't carrying a TV to furtherly strengthen this racist setup that's nicely displayed by the ytmnd author here.

DTF-McBain said:
W_T_F ?

it doesn't matter if windows are being broken into or not, he's taking bread to have something to eat. A grocery store can't possibly be "looted" during a disaster aftermath like this. Oh no, the windows didn't break, let's rather starve than become evil looters and get shot!

If all he's carrying is food and water, it is nothing but racist to label him a looter when others that do the same thing just "found it". I'd certainly not pick up any food I found floating around the streets of NO these days, unless I'm really keen on getting some serious infection or other nasty disease, so I'm certain they took it from a grocery store as well, and it just doesn't matter if they had to break into it.

Just a shame the black man isn't carrying a TV to furtherly strengthen this racist setup that's nicely displayed by the ytmnd author here.

First of all, it was not the same reporter/newspaper that called the people differently. One newspaper choose to call the person a looter. A different newspaper decided to say people "found it". You are simplifying the matter to fit your cries of racism. The implication is, Reporter A saw a black guy, and called him a looter. Reporter A then saw two white people doing the same thing, and said they "found" the food, rather than looted it. That is not the case here.

Secondly, the first reporter is not inaccurate for calling the person a looter, as taking things that are not yours, from a store that has been broken into is called looting. That is what the person did. The second reporter choose not to call the people looters, but chose rather to say "they found it". His/her prerogative, but again, I say, you did not actually see what transpired BEFORE the picture was taken. Did the first person take more than just food and water?

Summation: Unless you show me a case where THE SAME reporter/newspaper called one person a looter, but said someone else "found things", then you can not accurately cry racism.

This isn't about the reporter, this is about yahoo! placing these messages on the internet, which is exactly the proper

Did the first person take more than just food and water?
Apparently no, or else it would have been mentioned.

as taking things that are not yours, from a store that has been broken into is called looting.

So there is no legal difference between looting food so you don't starve to death when your government failed you and looting a TV? I think not.

DTF-McBain said:
This isn't about the reporter, this is about yahoo! placing these messages on the internet, which is exactly the proper
I don't understand.. it was presented as being racist. As I saw it, it was not, for the reason I gave.

DTF-McBain said:
It wasn't in the caption, and it wasn't mentioned. That does not mean it didn't happen. It just means, just that, it wasn't mentioned. But, it is irrelavlent. The term "looting" and "taking" were both left up to the newspaper. Neither was wrong. The only thing wrong was the cry of racisim.

DTF-McBain said:
So there is no legal difference between looting food so you don't starve to death when your government failed you and looting a TV? I think not.

You are confusing legality with morality. The government does not have a legal obligation to feed or cloth anyone. People have a legal obligation not to steal. Of course "stealing food to eat" is different, MORALLY, than stealing a TV. Unfortunately, it is not legally different legally, it is still stealing.

DTF-McBain said:

Yahoo doesn't know its **** from its elbow. AS for looting who cares! Since when is human life secondary to television and bread. Material possessions can be replaced; not so a human life. Was it considered criminal that the sheriff and his men shot over the heads of the poor victims trying to escape from the devastation and destruction of their city? Was it humane to keep the survivors on an overpass for three to four days where several died after escaping Katrina's wrath? What label would you put on those caregivers at the seniors nursing home who left 34 seniors stranded helplessly in their beds, left behind to drown while the workers escaped with their lives? Forget the looters look at the negligible people who rob the lives of many Innocent people!

Race Baiting as New Orleans Sinks
By Tom Adkins (09/08/05)

It's a black thing
The black mayor of New Orleans, a perpetually corrupt, crime ridden and impoverished city 20 feet below sea level, surrounded by an ocean, a lake and the Mississippi River, tepidly suggests his citizens evacuate as a giant hurricane approaches. For those with no means to leave, he does nothing. The white President of the United States begs him to evacuate for four days. A hundred thousand mostly black residents choose to stay. The massive storm promptly becomes the deadliest catastrophe in American history, flooding the city, killing thousands.

Meanwhile, over 10,000 rescue workers, mostly white, leave comfortable homes, jobs and families, stream in from all across America four days in advance. But when the storm turns at the last minute, rescuers become victims. Over 9,000 square miles and 200 miles of coastline over 4 states become devastated. Communication is cut off. All utilities are ruined. Thousands of roadways are laid to waste. Nearly every vehicle is swept away, including trucks, planes and boats. New Orleans becomes virtually impassable.

Undaunted, the white rescue workers use whatever means available to help save the poor black residents.

They are greeted by gunfire.

Thousands of remarkably well-armed black people took over the city, wantonly raping, pillaging and murdering. They carjack rescue convoys, shoot at rescuers, levee repairmen, and even helicopters performing rescue missions. The operation is halted dead in its tracks.

And for this, white people are being labeled racist.

It didn't take long for the parade of race-**** vermin to rampage across the television screen, accusing white Americans of racial lollygagging. Rev. Calvin Butts declared, "I think a lot of it has to do with race and class.” Jesse Jackson bluntly accused President Bush of racism. NBC’s live telethon for the victims of Hurricane Katrina features rapper Kanye West declaring, “George Bush doesn't care about black people.”

Mayor Ray Nagin, who could have prevented much of the tragedy by merely ordering an evacuation two days earlier and deploying his 1,000 school bus fleet, began publicly swearing at everyone else but himself, particularly for not providing instant security. Really! Can you imagine if George Bush had clairvoyantly placed 20,000 soldiers in New Orleans the day the storm hit? Every white person in America knows Nagin, the Congressional Black Caucus, Rev. Jackson, the NAACP, and every black race hustler (but I repeat myself) in America would have shrieked “Racism!!!” Not sure? Kanye West already screamed “…they've given them permission to go down and shoot us!”

Its been a century-long modus operandi for every black liberal politician: Blame Whitey.

And for years, white America surrendered the race card trump, placating racial rabble-rousers with over 10 trillion dollars of social programs. Not enough. They created racial preference laws. Not enough. They laid every guilt trip possible on white people. Not enough.

Well, not this time.

See, Whitey wised up. We know black people cause modern Black America’s great plagues. Newt Gingrich doesn't run around knocking up 14-year-old black girls. Black men do. Ronald Reagan didn't gang bang and murder in the hood. Black men do. Rush Limbaugh doesn't coax black people into government servitude. Black liberals do. And certainly, William F. Buckley never advised black people to speak English like Jar Jar Binks. Black people do.

And in New Orleans, George W. Bush didn't ignore evacuation warnings, abandon poor black people trying to leave, loot the city and shoot rescuers. Black people did. Black people caused and could have prevented this entire tragedy, and when white people tried to help, black people literally tried to kill them.

That is a fact.

So, Black America, turn down the volume knob and listen carefully. Hear that? It’s the sound of White America heaving a sigh of indifference.

To be certain, this isn't an indictment of all black people, though its certainly a wake-up slap to a large black majority who listen to these cretins. It is, however, a direct accusation against liberal race prostitutes who dominate popular black leadership, create misery and mayhem in the black community for self-aggrandizing personal power, and then detestably blame White America, insisting we don't understand the plight of black people.

The only thing White America doesn't understand is why black leaders sell their fellow black brethren down the river, sometimes literally, and why black people keep buying the ticket. This week provided a disgusting example. After creating their own tragedy, black people across America had a magnificent opportunity to convert adversity into compassionate national unity. Instead, they chose Lord of the Flies anarchy.

I suppose, as they say, it’s a black thing.

Back