What's new

Beef Website

prd2frm

Active Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to share our new website with you all. Its www.wheelerbeef.com. We sell sides and cuts of beef along with pork from my parents. You can link to their site Clearview from our site. Check it out. Let me know what you think, we would love your feed back.

Thanks!!

Very cool! Do you have a license to sell? (not sure if it's needed)

How much is a half a cow?

Very cool! Do you have a license to sell? (not sure if it's needed)

How much is a half a cow?

:roll: :roll: That just really struck me funny!!!! :lol: I don't know why!!!:lol:

Just wanted to say that we bought half a cow from wheelers last year. We loved it. From placing the order, contacting the processor, picking up the meat and eating it, it was so easy. The meat was really good. Very happy with the experience.

Just wanted to say that we bought half a cow from wheelers last year. We loved it. From placing the order, contacting the processor, picking up the meat and eating it, it was so easy. The meat was really good. Very happy with the experience.

Oh good to know!

Yes, we do have a license to sell the cuts. We are selling the 1/4 and 1/2 for $2.10 lb hanging weight. We shoot for 200 lb 1/4 and 400 lb 1/2. You can get them cut anyway you want.

annpiotrowski, so glad you liked it!

How much room do you need in a freezer for 1/4 or 1/2?

Yes, we do have a license to sell the cuts. We are selling the 1/4 and 1/2 for $2.10 lb hanging weight. We shoot for 200 lb 1/4 and 400 lb 1/2. You can get them cut anyway you want.

annpiotrowski, so glad you liked it!
Does this include processing?

I so want to try your meat (that sounds weird lol!) when I splurge and go to the butcher I pay $22/lb for the filet mignon so your prices seem reasonable to me!

The locker we take it too charges .43 lb for processing.

annagirl, we would love it if you tried our meat!

So total cost per pound would be around 2.60 and does this include the different types of meat. Also is there a better time in the year to buy, I see that yours would be in April.

Can I ask a question? What is the difference between "hormone free" beef and "organic" beef? Because isn't the main reason people buy organic beef and chicken is so that they are not consuming hormones? (that's why I buy it)

Can I ask a question? What is the difference between "hormone free" beef and "organic" beef? Because isn't the main reason people buy organic beef and chicken is so that they are not consuming hormones? (that's why I buy it)

I'm pretty sure to be certified organic, the soil that the animals feed from has to be certified organic meaning the soil has to be tested for pesticides and other things.

Barb, they only raise beef on their farm, her parents have the pig farm (some quite a good distance away from them).

I would think the only cross-contamination threat would be at the processor. Most lockers are really accommodating, they would probably process you first of the day (all clean & sanitized) if you asked.

You can get the beef cut however you want really. Organic beef is usually grass fed. Most cattle that is fed grain has hormone implants to get them to market quicker. We opt not to do that.

The locker only kills beef on mondays. Im not sure if they hand in the same locker as the pigs but Im pretty sure they only cut one type of animal on given days. I would have to ask about that.

Back