What's new

Berbatov

You forget where Berba is from in terms of lifestyle. The Russian lifestyle is not bad, I have been there it is an amazing country with some amazing people. And as for financial reasons - if Berba is offered he will go, he has always enjoyed the lazy game and the money that comes with it :laugh:

Russia is undemocratic and cold! Anzhi Makhachkala players fly into Dagestan for home games. They are attracted by the money, no other reason.
No world class players in their prime have moved to Russia. Eto is past his prime and has always been money orientated. He will leave Russia in a year or two.

I don't think Berbatov will play in the russian league, in my opinion he keeps playing very well and he has a lot to give to an important team. Like I said, he might be going to italian league or bundesliga.

Well being that I am Bulgarian, just like Berbatov, I have lots of respect for him and I like him as a player. He is very underrated in my opinion and you can't expect to see great things from him if he doesn't play. When he is put in, good things happen. When he starts seeing more minutes, I think people will realize how good he really is and that Man U need him.

Shevchenko went back to Ukraine after Chelsea didn't work, so maybe Berbatov will go back to Bulgaria?

Shevchenko went back to Ukraine after Chelsea didn't work, so maybe Berbatov will go back to Bulgaria?

Honestly doubt that. Many people in Bulgaria make fun of him for absolutely no reason, so I don't see his motive for going back. Jealousy is a weird thing isn't it?

Might be, might be.
Although Berbatov is a good player, so he can play at the top for another year or two.

Russia is undemocratic and cold! Anzhi Makhachkala players fly into Dagestan for home games. They are attracted by the money, no other reason.
No world class players in their prime have moved to Russia. Eto is past his prime and has always been money orientated. He will leave Russia in a year or two.

I think we are both hitting the nail on the head here - lazy football league - lots of money - Berbaperfect!

I think we are both hitting the nail on the head here - lazy football league - lots of money - Berbaperfect!
Berbaperfect - haha.
I don't think football is so lazy in Russia, you see teams like Spartak and CSKA which are fast, and have great football.

He's only got a few years left to play, he better join a mid table team in PL, and then when he's getting close to 35, he can join some rich **** clubs who would pay him $$ and have some fun. He's a good striker, although he doesn't fit United's style much.

He's only got a few years left to play, he better join a mid table team in PL, and then when he's getting close to 35, he can join some rich **** clubs who would pay him $$ and have some fun. He's a good striker, although he doesn't fit United's style much.
I don't think someone would pay for a 35 year old Berbatov though.

I don't think someone would pay for a 35 year old Berbatov though.

That's a good point, he hasn't got a long future in pro soccer. However, I still believe he's a great player, I'm looking forward to see him playing from the beginning of the match in other team.

I think some of you are underrating Berbatov. Manchester United paid 33 million for him for a reason. He is a class act when on form, he will be able to play for many more years because he never relied on physical attributes.

I think some of you are underrating Berbatov. Manchester United paid 33 million for him for a reason. He is a class act when on form, he will be able to play for many more years because he never relied on physical attributes.

I don't know how many years he will be playing as a pro but I'm sure he has a lot to give. United isn't taking advantage of having such an experienced player on the squad. I don't understand why people say he is too old... :nuts:

he's never on form (who would be with the amount of gametime he gets), he's maddeningly inconsistent, and he's terribly lazy (anyone remembers that bit of news where they mentioned he ran less than the keeper?_. as gifted with the ball as he may be, he doesn't have what it takes to play at the highest level anymore. would probably make a good sub at a club like Spurs though

We'd have him at Portland Timbers if he is interested. I would rate him to stay in the EPL as a sub at QPR lol.

he's never on form (who would be with the amount of gametime he gets), he's maddeningly inconsistent, and he's terribly lazy (anyone remembers that bit of news where they mentioned he ran less than the keeper?_. as gifted with the ball as he may be, he doesn't have what it takes to play at the highest level anymore. would probably make a good sub at a club like Spurs though

He has scored 7 goals in 10 appearances this season. Last season he scored 20 goals in 32 appearances, I would say that is good form. In spite of not being a regular starter, he has scored almost 1 every 2 game.
He will look out of form because he doesn't play regularly and he will not be match fit. Berbatov doesn't fit into the United team, this doesn't mean he is not good enough, he is class.

We'd have him at Portland Timbers if he is interested. I would rate him to stay in the EPL as a sub at QPR lol.

He is better than a QPR sub. He needs to find a team he will fit into. He could still play for one of the top clubs.

Is that true? He runs less than the keeper?
However, I think you are underrating Berbatov too much.
You are right, he isn't able to play at the highest level anymore, but he isn't a mediocre player.

Is that true? He runs less than the keeper?
However, I think you are underrating Berbatov too much.
You are right, he isn't able to play at the highest level anymore, but he isn't a mediocre player.
yes it's true, though i can't find a link since it happened some time ago. and aside from his technique and vision, he is very much a mediocre player. those attributes generally won't do you any good when you don't want to/can't run, and Berbatov stopped running quite awhile back

yes it's true, though i can't find a link since it happened some time ago. and aside from his technique and vision, he is very much a mediocre player. those attributes generally won't do you any good when you don't want to/can't run, and Berbatov stopped running quite awhile back

I like how he hits the ball, his technique is very good in my opinion. A player with this abilities isn't a mediocre player, he is lazy or he isn't in form.

Back