What's new

Best ball handler in the NBA?

wils172

Active Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Steve Nash is an obvious choice.. but some of these younger players can really handle the ball and keep their dribble alive..

Lin, Irving, Rubio.. all are very good ball handlers

I'd have to go with Rafer Alson, aka "Skip 2 My Lou", former And1 star. Actually I'm not sure he's still in the league so I'm gonna go with D-Rose.

I'd have to go with Rafer Alson, aka "Skip 2 My Lou", former And1 star. Actually I'm not sure he's still in the league so I'm gonna go with D-Rose.

I haven't seen Rafer play in awhile so I'm ganna guess he's not, but that's purely a guess.. as far as rose I think he's a great player, but I don't consider him an elite ballhandler

When I read the title of your thread, I instantly thought of Steve Nash as my first choice. Jason Kidd and Lebron James are also good ball handlers. It's hard to distinguish whether whose better at ball handling though.

I wouldn't put Lin up there. He can get pretty careless with the ball, but I think it's just the result of constant attacking, passing in the air, etc. How has no one mentioned CP3 yet?

Rajon Rondo has his incredibly freakishly long arm span :D

I wouldn't put Lin up there either. He has shown he can keep his dribble but he does mess up even some basic plays and his TO rate is too high. I might actually go with Chris Paul. That guy seems to be able to weave through any type of defense at will.

Nash, its a joy to watch him play. I think he's having another super season too, pity the Suns are pretty rubbish though. I know he doesn't want to leave the Suns which is shame for other teams lacking a quality Pg (cough cough Lakers!)

Lin is not a particularly good ball handler as 1wrongmove correctly states, but he will improve. He does have other strengths, you cannot put a price on a player galvanizing a team and its fans!

Steve Nash might be getitng old , but I feel he is still the best ball handler. Rondo is not bad, Jason Kidd is good too , Chris Paul can wade through any defense and there is a lot of nosie about Jeremy Lin of the Knicks, but I would still go for Nash.

Would have to say Allen Iverson, Rajon Rondo and Steve Nash.

I've always loved how smart Steve Nash plays. He has made some insane passes that have left me speechless. How the ball got to the other player blows my mind. Didn't he have a chance to play professional soccer too? Too good in sports you can go pro in two of them. Amazing.

Nash for me was really a good PG and a ball handler. Never saw him being careless especially on clutch plays. Hey, heard that he's retiring after the season? Hope he'll change his mind.

Rondo! First off, I am a huge Celtics fan and second, the dude is amazing! There can be no second Michael Jordan, no second Magic Johnson, etc but just as people say that Kobe is as close as you can get to MJ, I think that Rondo is as close as you can get to Magic, especially if he improves his jump shot even more. Great player with a great eye fort the game of basketball.

Rondo! First off, I am a huge Celtics fan and second, the dude is amazing! There can be no second Michael Jordan, no second Magic Johnson, etc but just as people say that Kobe is as close as you can get to MJ, I think that Rondo is as close as you can get to Magic, especially if he improves his jump shot even more. Great player with a great eye fort the game of basketball.

I'm a Celtics fan too. I really like Rondo but he definitely needs to improve his shooting. He can become a liability in the playoffs when you don't even have to cover him. He is a great ball handler though and has great court vision and passing ability. He also has to improve his temper because he can't be getting thrown out of games like he did the other night.

Nash for me was really a good PG and a ball handler. Never saw him being careless especially on clutch plays. Hey, heard that he's retiring after the season? Hope he'll change his mind.

I heard that too, I've been a fan of him since his maverick days and would definitely be painful to see him leave. :(

Jamal Crawford has one of the best handles in the NBA. He pulls off some playground type moves pretty often. Have a look at some of his highlights and see for yourself. Other players with nice handles are Paul, D-Will, Nash, Rondo and Rubio.

I thought Lin was pretty good at turnovers. I don't know how that would make him an exceptional ball handler, but oh well.

Jamal Crawford has that really sick move where he would go one way and then pick up the ball the other way and totally confuse the defender. He tries it on the break whenever he can, LOL. That's a good call. He has some serious And1 moves, even if they are risky.

Steve Nash is an obvious choice.. but some of these younger players can really handle the ball and keep their dribble alive..

Lin, Irving, Rubio.. all are very good ball handlers

Derrick Rose by far. Deron Williams is also a great player. Rajon Rondo is also an excellent choice. Lin has too many turnovers but in due time he'll get better.
<a href="http://badgesociety.com">Badge Society</a>

Back