What's new

Betting Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

Established Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
We all like the credits system. But there's a hard way to just sit there. Rack up points on and on. It's pretty hard to find people to bet too. How about we make a forum for betting? A lot of other forums have it and it's proven to work well. Why not this one?
What do you guys think about this?

I'm sorry, a bit confused about this. Would you mind explaining more about the betting? What do you bet on?

Mayu said:
I'm sorry, a bit confused about this. Would you mind explaining more about the betting? What do you bet on?

Credits. It's kind of like gambling. You put in 50 credits or so. The other person accepts. The system has a 50/50 chance of making someone win. So for example. If I put in 50 credits to bet with you, you have to put in 50 credits. If you win, you will recieve 100 credits. This can lead to some high action games like high roller, where you bet all your credits. It would be fair because it's about luck.

I see, thank you for explaining! :)

Do you think you can use this? > http://peakforums.net/newpoints.php?action=betting

Mayu said:
I see, thank you for explaining! :)

Do you think you can use this? > http://peakforums.net/newpoints.php?action=betting

Of course! I'm saying you can have a betting forum. So when people have. Lets say 1000 Credits or even 50. They can post a thread saying "Clean Me!" or "Bet me!" And people know they are available for betting. They can enter there name on that. and its a win/win! The person gets bets. Someone gets credits. He gets more posts and credits! Everybodys a winner!

Blue said:
Of course! I'm saying you can have a betting forum. So when people have. Lets say 1000 Credits or even 50. They can post a thread saying "Clean Me!" or "Bet me!" And people know they are available for betting. They can enter there name on that. and its a win/win! The person gets bets. Someone gets credits. He gets more posts and credits! Everybodys a winner!

Oh, I seem to misunderstood. Basically you want to do the betting via posting at the forum instead of via NewPoints plugin like I linked above?

I think it actually sounds pretty interesting. :) What do you think about using 'Forum Games' for such idea for now? If we have a separate section, will people be more interested in betting?

I'll go poke kingcool so he can respond to this as well. :D

Mayu said:
Blue said:

Oh, I seem to misunderstood. Basically you want to do the betting via posting at the forum instead of via NewPoints plugin like I linked above?

I think it actually sounds pretty interesting. :) What do you think about using 'Forum Games' for such idea for now? If we have a separate section, will people be more interested in betting?

I'll go poke kingcool so he can respond to this as well. :D

Yes. You are correct. If we have a seperate section. A lot more people will pay attention to the credits. Even a Credit Marketplace would be a good idea. If you want to make it more broad. I would suggest a Credits forum. Everything about credits, from Betting, to questions about it. Etc.

I quite like this idea to be honest. Sounds really interesting and yeah I have seen something like this on a few other general discussion forums. I'm just going to think about it for a few days and I'll get back to you guys about this :)

After thinking about it, the idea has been applied! There is now 'Betting Table' under 'Contest Arena' section. I hope you guys enjoy this new addition. :D

Mayu said:
After thinking about it, the idea has been applied! There is now 'Betting Table' under 'Contest Arena' section. I hope you guys enjoy this new addition. :D

Whoa, Haha. Amazing. Thank you for adding this and listening to the community!

No problem! It's our job to listen to community, right? ;)

Hey guys,
Unfortunately the betting plugin doesn't work with myBB 1.8. I will try to get this sorted as soon as possible but for the moment both the betting feature and the forum will be unavailable until further notice :)

That MyBB betting plugin for newpoints would be so dope!

Indeed. The boss admin has lots on his plate (sorry I'm super noob when it comes to technical issues, I'd rather stay away than break things apart) so we'll hear from him directly. Tag @kingcool52

This is quite a great idea. I'm in favour of adding this feature to PF, I think we all are. XD This would spice up the forum and this would be a great improvement to the forum. :cute:

Problem is trying to find a good betting plugin for the forum. There is one for free but that's for 1.6 and there isn't any for 1.8 which is the problem. The forums that do have betting plugins for 1.8 are custom made and obviously aren't selling them

Zombie! said:
Problem is trying to find a good betting plugin for the forum. There is one for free but that's for 1.6 and there isn't any for 1.8 which is the problem. The forums that do have betting plugins for 1.8 are custom made and obviously aren't selling them

Maybe this helps you?
http://community.mybb.com/thread-75646.html

I am sure there are some tutorials explaining you how to upgrade a plugin.

Black Reaper said:
Zombie! said:

Maybe this helps you?
http://community.mybb.com/thread-75646.html

I am sure there are some tutorials explaining you how to upgrade a plugin.

It's not that simple for all plugins. I wish it was. The plugin won't always work just by changing the version compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back