What's new

Biggest flop signings? (Football/Soccer)

Suarez has been a bit of a flop this season.

Danny Graham has outscored him..

Suarez has been a bit of a flop this season.

Danny Graham has outscored him..

Don't say that, Suarez is the greatest striker in the world according to the red scousers. I've never really rated Suarez. He runs into players, he lacks balance because of a poor running technique and he can't finish chances.

Why did Liverpool buy Caroll for so much $? He barely even plays and it seems like he is best at just heading.

Because Mike Ashley is a shrewd negotiator and Liverpool were desperate to sign a replacement for Torres. The Torres price was linked to the Torres price, if Carroll had been sold for 20 million, Torres would have been sold for 35 million. Liverpool's owner confirmed this.

Don't say that, Suarez is the greatest striker in the world according to the red scousers. I've never really rated Suarez. He runs into players, he lacks balance because of a poor running technique and he can't finish chances.
Suarez isn't the best player, but he is a decent striker, he needs to learn some tehniques and he is fine.

Suarez isn't the best player, but he is a decent striker, he needs to learn some tehniques and he is fine.

He leans forward too much when he is running and his finishing is poor. His shot conversion rate is worse than Emile Heskey, says it all really.

He leans forward too much when he is running and his finishing is poor. His shot conversion rate is worse than Emile Heskey, says it all really.
Haha, Heskey.
Well, I hope he would improve.

Another flop was Zlatan Ibrahimovic at Barcelona. Barcelona signed him for €69.5 million and he left after one season for €24 million. A loss of 45 million in one year!

Another flop was Zlatan Ibrahimovic at Barcelona. Barcelona signed him for €69.5 million and he left after one season for €24 million. A loss of 45 million in one year!
I didn't know those were such high numbers!
He is amazing at Milan though.

At the moment it has to be Torres. Although he did grab a couple of goals at the weekend - if he can start scoring regularly now then he may be able to justify his price tag.

At the moment it has to be Torres. Although he did grab a couple of goals at the weekend - if he can start scoring regularly now then he may be able to justify his price tag.
Yes, he scored 2 and made 2 assists.

I told you he would come good, now we have to wait and see if those goals bag him some confidence.

The problem for Torres is Drogba. I expect Torres to be on the bench against Manchester City on Wednesday. When he does score the odd goal, he doesn't have the opportunity to build on it. The sending off against Swansea was crucial, he scored a good goal and was playing exceptionally well, he was then sent off, missed 3 games and sat on the bench for 9 games in a row.

Everybody said the same when he scored against West Ham.

Exactly. To have a chance to build on his goals against Leicester, he needs to play in the league and score against a big team. I doubt he will play against Manchester City.

The problem for Torres is Drogba. I expect Torres to be on the bench against Manchester City on Wednesday. When he does score the odd goal, he doesn't have the opportunity to build on it. The sending off against Swansea was crucial, he scored a good goal and was playing exceptionally well, he was then sent off, missed 3 games and sat on the bench for 9 games in a row.

But Drogba is better than Torres. So, I can't see Torres getting more playing time unless Drogba leaves or something.

Exactly. To have a chance to build on his goals against Leicester, he needs to play in the league and score against a big team. I doubt he will play against Manchester City.
I don't know if he will play, it is Di Matteo, so he might go on a 4-4-2 maybe or something like that with Drogba and Torres.

This, leaving him out will knock his fragile confidence. He needs games now and he needs to know he has support. Because there is a £50m player there if you can get him back to how he was in his prime.

But Drogba is better than Torres. So, I can't see Torres getting more playing time unless Drogba leaves or something.

At the moment he is yeah, but Torres has more years in him than Drogba. Will Chelsea look short or long term here?

Fernando Torres, for sure.
He scored less than 10 goals I believe, and he was a beast in the past.
Really really sad that Chelsea lost so much money for this player, they could have bought 2/3 decent players for that price.

United could have bought 8 Hernandezs lol.

Back