What's new

Biggest injustice you've seen?

shaun

Mastermind Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
What is the biggest injustice you have witnessed in sport?

The biggest injustice I have witnessed was in the 2009 Champions League semi-final between Chelsea and Barcelona.

Chelsea were denied 6 clear penalties, I believe the referee was under orders to ensure Chelsea did not reach the final, UEFA did not want another all-English final.

Many believe it was the biggest robbery in football history.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tLPRV-U6ds"]Tom Henning Ovrebo´s Mistakes Chelsea Barcelona - YouTube[/ame]

This video shows 5 of the 6 penalties, the 6th penalty was a blatant foull on Malouda, just inside the box.

I'm still really mad about that game. Stupid barcelona fans are actually defending their team in that game. It was a disgrace, as Drogba said.

Refereeing injustice towards Spain and Italy to let hosts South Korea progress to the semi-finals at the 2002 World Cup.
It was a disgrace.

What is the biggest injustice you have witnessed in sport?

The biggest injustice I have witnessed was in the 2009 Champions League semi-final between Chelsea and Barcelona.

Chelsea were denied 6 clear penalties, I believe the referee was under orders to ensure Chelsea did not reach the final, UEFA did not want another all-English final.

Many believe it was the biggest robbery in football history.

Tom Henning Ovrebo´s Mistakes Chelsea Barcelona - YouTube

This video shows 5 of the 6 penalties, the 6th penalty was a blatant foull on Malouda, just inside the box.
Agreed, nothing needs to be said besides that.

Refereeing injustice towards Spain and Italy to let hosts South Korea progress to the semi-finals at the 2002 World Cup.
It was a disgrace.

I remember that, that was disgraceful. Koreans were given reign to hack at the players, and if they did anything back it was free kick and booking!

Never seen anything so blatant, especially against Italy.

That was prett embarrassing. I'd say that was a pretty deep injustice

This!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zpVpe7wCL0&feature=player_embedded"]MN Vikings vs. Saints - YouTube[/ame]

I remember the last match in the qualifying groups at euro 2004 (hope I am not wrong), between Romania and Denmark. Romania had 2-1 and was qualified at that score, while the Swiss referee Meyer showed 5 minutes of extra time, and let about 8 or 9 minutes, until Denmark scored a strange goal, and then instantly ended the match. I can still remember how angry i was that night.

Wow. The first video is pretty awful. I have to say the whole Thierry Henry handball incident in WC qualifying last go round really really screwed Ireland (? I believe?). I could hardly believe that whole sequence.

The match Chelsea had against Benfica was pretty unfair, 2 handballs, hehe.

There have been too many to count. Especially in the games between countries in qualifying rounds. There was the Thierry one. A hit in V1. Most of them are from football tho.

Wow. The first video is pretty awful. I have to say the whole Thierry Henry handball incident in WC qualifying last go round really really screwed Ireland (? I believe?). I could hardly believe that whole sequence.

That's probably my biggest refereeing injustice I have witnessed. That was blatant to all, even the stewards behind the goal who were meant to be watching the fans saw it. I don't know how the referee or either of his assistants didn't spot it either, considering I'd seen it straight away on the telly and it wasn't as if it was slowed down or even remotely zoomed in.

Back