What's new

Body Scanner Shield Underwear

Monster

Part Of The Furniture
PF Member
Reaction score
The Seattle Pi reports about a new type of underwear that shields privates from view while walking thru full-body scanners.

(the morons at Slashdot put it in their idle section again; the topic's NOT IMPORTANT, right)

Great. Now people hiding stuff in their vaginas or bowels or under their foreskin can go unchecked if they act accordingly ("Oh, I don't want anybody to look at my private parts").

Attachments

• 70117.75Shielding-Underwear.sff.jpg
    70117.75Shielding-Underwear.sff.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 4
I've seen a few versions of this popping up.

Yeah, and the featured article quotes the company manufacturing them as saying:

the underwear's inserts are thin and conform to the body's contours, making it difficult to hide anything beneath them.

That's exactly the catch: If you can convince someone of that, you can hide stuff inside your body.

The question is however, whether it will prompt thorough searches ... if airport staff overlooks the shield, people will be able to get stuff through the checks.

This could be things like liquid or plastics explosives, glass weaponry or other fun stuff thought to exist only in James Bond movies ... ;)

Probably nowadays things like data encoded in viruses are already being used, but less sophisticated stuff still exists, especially for those who can't afford the crazier types of smuggling.

Underwear like this will make it a lot easier.

But cargo shipping is probably still the most efficient way to hide things. ;)

Interesting..!!
Any other designs on it other than that jungle leaf? :p

Well I can't see a guy wearing this and so far we haven't had problems with females in terms of dangers to airports.

So for now I would disregard this....

Well I can't see a guy wearing this and so far we haven't had problems with females in terms of dangers to airports.

So for now I would disregard this....

That'd be pretty reckless ... women are often used in terrorist attacks precisely b/c no-one would think they'd do such a thing.

Remember the incident in Russia where the Russians gassed a group of terrorists to death in a cinema or something and then they turned out to be all women?

Or the cases of female suicide bombers?

The way organizations like the KGB used women to infiltrate the West?

Just b/c people look or appear harmless, doesn't mean they are!

these news make me happy...
and about women terrorism it is not a surprise that women are more dangerous than men, history tells us about this fach many times.

That'd be pretty reckless ... women are often used in terrorist attacks precisely b/c no-one would think they'd do such a thing.

Remember the incident in Russia where the Russians gassed a group of terrorists to death in a cinema or something and then they turned out to be all women?

Or the cases of female suicide bombers?

The way organizations like the KGB used women to infiltrate the West?

Just b/c people look or appear harmless, doesn't mean they are!

That's Russia.. name me a case in the states! ;)

And I doubt KGB etc.. would send women to take out airplanes lol

im sure they have better things to take care of...

And I doubt KGB etc.. would send women to take out airplanes lol

Al Quaeda etc. uses female terrorists ... many suicide bombers were women. Just look at cases in Afghanistan or Iraq ...

In the East, women have a long tradition of being involved in (civil) wars. Just look at Russia, China, etc.

In many countries, women wouldn't hesitate to pick up guns when they think it's necessary.

In Germany, during the 1970ies, many RAF (Red Army Faction) terrorists were in fact women, and they blew up industry bosses.

So it isn't at all far fetched to believe that women might be involved in domestic terrorist attacks in the US as well.

If you're unsure about US women's criminal potential, just look at what kind of women are sitting in US prisons.

Back