What's new

Body Shaming

trendjing

Emerging Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
I have been gaining weight since the time that me and my husband transferred to their hometown a year ago. At first, I really love to eat, because everything is new to what I eat when I was growing up. Spending food is not an issue for them as long as we were all full.

However, seeing the results now is not at all encouraging. I once attended a wedding of my cousin and an uncle of mine was really exaggerating reacting on how big I am now. I know people will react to it, but hearing it in an unpleasant way is sort of embarrassing. Right now, I am not encourage to attended family affair, because in my mind, all they think is me being big.

I understand that you're passing a whole lot at the moment, but I need you to relax and not give in what others say about your weight. What I will advise is that you take some time to register at a fitness center and see how you're going to lose some of those pounds that you gained. While at it, never think too much about what others say for your happiness should be in your hands.

True, some people are just insensitive. Body shaming can be a form of bullying as well, as a victim of it is very depressing. Hearing insensitive words about our body is just hurtful and will cause our self esteem to fall. What you can do is accept yourself, you know yourself more than what they see. You know that you are more than your size. Love yourself and divert those shameful word into something that will make you stronger.

I understand that you're passing a whole lot at the moment, but I need you to relax and not give in what others say about your weight. What I will advise is that you take some time to register at a fitness center and see how you're going to lose some of those pounds that you gained. While at it, never think too much about what others say for your happiness should be in your hands.

Thank you for such an encouraging advice. I do a simple workout at home and trying to lessen on what I eat. I also try to have a positive outlook in what I think I would achieve. It is right when you say not to think too much on what others say. I realized that it is where I focus that is why I feel upset. I know not everyone will be nice, not everyone will understand, but a few people who are sincere is just enough.

It's really traumatic when someone shaming on you especially in front of everyone. It has a bad effect on a person to a point that their self-esteem might lose. People should be sensitive before speaking out but sometimes we can't really avoid being rude to someone especially when we know them well. Just don't mind them think of it as a good criticism and be inspired to be healthier this year. Prove them wrong that even you gain weight you're still proud of who you are.

I don't like body shaming because it's cruel and anyhow, a person's looks are nobody's business - not to mention so much beauty is in the beholder.

body shaming is bullying but i hate when 'the bigger girls' say "beyoncy is a role model for us bigger woman"... ehh no she is athletic as **** and has chefs, dietitians and personal trainers, you with a cigarette hanging out your mouth eating a tv meal in your jammies are nothing like beyonce knowles lol

body shaming is bullying but i hate when 'the bigger girls' say "beyoncy is a role model for us bigger woman"... ehh no she is athletic as **** and has chefs, dietitians and personal trainers, you with a cigarette hanging out your mouth eating a tv meal in your jammies are nothing like beyonce knowles lol

That's one reason I hate the alt-right, though, I do agree freakish ways have gotten out of control.

i completely agree. things like plastic surgery are fueled by body shaming though. plastic surgery should only be offered for medical reasons i think

Back