What's new

Bombing Iraq?? what's with the Bush family!!!

moonsee

Mastermind Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
WASHINGTON, Feb. 16 — The United States bombed an area near Baghdad, Iraq, on Friday, U.S. officials confirmed to NBC News. Air raid sirens wailed throughout the capital, and anti-aircraft weapons fired into the skies, Iraqi television reported.

http://www.msnbc.com/news/531947.asp

------------------
http://www.moonsee.com <--- Updated 02/03/01!!!

I'm a Pacifist - thumbs down to war and destruction and especially the killing and maiming of non-combatant women, children and the elderly.

------------------
<FONT COLOR="blue">My candle burns at both ends, It will not last the night, But, ah, my foes, and oh, my friends, It gives a lovely light!</FONT c>

<FONT size="3"><center><FONT COLOR="red">À l'enfer avec amour!</FONT s></center></FONT c>

*me Bomb drops himself into Ele's pool* *BOOOOM*
*splash*

Its a real shame that Civilians have to die, soldiers for that matter too..
frown.gif

eish.

------------------
<FONT face="Tahoma"><FONT COLOR="Red">Pour être avec vous j'irai à l'enfer et reviendrai</FONT c></FONT f>
<FONT face="Tahoma"><FONT COLOR="Red">Je volerais même votre peinture de ciel...</FONT c></FONT f>
We Dream The Same Dream, Our Thoughts Entwine And Become OnE.

somehow, i just can't seem to care.... so, we bomb iraq, oh well.

------------------
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

geez. what?
i support bush a hundred percent. it has to do with agreements made after Desert Storm. They agreed that the U.S. could take out assets that threatened its forces. Hussein was well aware of this.

------------------

"In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love" -- Mother Teresa

How can war and destruction be the answer to anything? We are rational emotional human beings - negotiate NEGOTIATE <FONT size="5">NEGOTIATE!</FONT s> And if we fail..fall down...get up dust ourselves off, smile bravely and with love in our hearts...Negotiate
smile.gif

------------------
<FONT COLOR="blue">My candle burns at both ends, It will not last the night, But, ah, my foes, and oh, my friends, It gives a lovely light!</FONT c>

<FONT size="3"><center><FONT COLOR="red">À l'enfer avec amour!</FONT s></center></FONT c>

i'll take this time to remind you of an example of where negotiating gets you.... how long has israel existed? how long has it been negotiating peace with places around it? how long has it been undergoing terrorist attacks? the numbers are all the same.

and psycho, you asked how i would feel if my home got bombed? oh well, i'd be dead. friend's homes? oh well, they'd be dead. you obviously don't understand that i don't care about people dying.

------------------

I actually kind of question this one. Were we directly attacked? I don't know. See, now that we have bombed them, yet again, we are opening up the possibility of another terrorist attack.

------------------
Does driving a car from Saturn make me an alien?

I'm just a quick pee. - liltaz, fastest pee in the West!

That which does not make me barf, makes me stronger - possum37, fugly.net guru.

The fact that you do not mind people dying is between yourself and your conscience
smile.gif
I believe that individuals have the right to their own beliefs so I cannot argue with you on that account. I do however still feel negotiation is a powerful weapon and the fact that the Middle East has not gotten its act together is due to the interference of outside parties who do not really form part of the negotiation process...this is my personal opinion and I will not be attacked for it...
In the final analysis I disagree with war and bloodshed and believe that Nations should determine their own destinies without being policed by the "great" powers.
I quote the Great Nelson Mandela of South Africa (with some pride as I live here now
smile.gif

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most. We ask ourselves "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, gifted, or fabulous?" The truth is---who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Playing small doesn't serve the world in any way. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine. We are born to manifest the glory of God that is within every one of us. As we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others the permission to shine bright too. And, as we liberate ourselves from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates and lights the way for everyone who comes in contact with us. --Nelson Mandela--1994

------------------
<center><FONT COLOR="blue">Him that I love, I wish to be free - even from me.</center></FONT c>

<FONT COLOR="#000000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by MissLeo on February 17, 2001 at 10:56 AM]</font>

If people would only accept that others have different beliefs and learn to tolerate and even accept that, there would be little reason for war. Mutual understanding is key. Distrust only harbours ill will.

------------------

The way i see it, you can't just look at this case as though it is like any other country. i mean, this is Hussein. everyone is different. i feel that no matter how much you attempt to negotiate with Hussein, he will not comprimise. negotiations have been attempted for many many years, and nothing has come of them.

------------------

Originally posted by MissLeo:
How can war and destruction be the answer to anything? We are rational emotional human beings - negotiate NEGOTIATE <FONT size="5">NEGOTIATE!</FONT s> And if we fail..fall down...get up dust ourselves off, smile bravely and with love in our hearts...Negotiate
smile.gif

We tried to negotiate they wouldnt let us

A couple months back or something the UN and US sent scientists to see if Iraq was making nuclear weapons when Saddam wouldnt let us in to see what was happening that was the last straw
smile.gif

edit: ubb code and spelling

<FONT COLOR="#000000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by Platinum Pimp on February 17, 2001 at 03:36 PM]</font>

*MissLeo adds her sad lil sigh to PIT's*

------------------
<center><FONT COLOR="blue">Him that I love, I wish to be free - even from me.</center></FONT c>

*sigh* It is a shame that peace can't happen.

------------------

how would you like it if you're own country's army started dropping Chemical and Biological weapons on you?

if you like it.. become an iraqi citizen.. cuz that's what they did..

------------------
WaterB
Aliensoup Mod

War is not healthy for any living things.

Unfortunately, peace is not going to happen in the Middle East. I make my own peace inside, and know that I live as best I can. I truly wish no harm to anyone, not even people such as Hussein or Castro or any of them. Judgement isn't mine to give.

As for Bush...daddy and the CIA are still running things. (ever wonder what George W was doing during those unaccounted for years when he was supposed to be in the army???)

------------------
I wander, therefore I roam.
God put me on this earth to accomplish
certain things. I am now so far behind
I will never die!
me !~the coke goddess~!
my son !~the Trumpet God~!

Back