What's new

Breck shampoo....

Fun Ni Day

Mastermind Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
Anyone remember this? (Besides me.) I just opened an e-mail from "offers @ Brecks.com" and my OLD brain thought: Hah, I wonder where that shampoo has been. It's back. But nope, it was Brecks from Holland (think tulips, hyacinths, daffys, etc.)

BTW, it's an offer for 75% off fall bulbsFall Preview Sale - Breck's

I remember. There was also Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific and the Herbal Essence Shampoo.

Well everyone would remember Breck shampoo if you told 2 friends, and she told 2 friends, and they told 2 friends.....

Remember the commercial?? ! :lol:

You can still buy Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific online and I'm always tempted until I see the price....I wonder if the grown up me would still love the smell? I did outgrow Love's Baby Soft and Musk so I don't know....

I never heard of Body on Tap - but I do remember when "creme rinse" first came out - early 50s.

When I was growing up, Breck shampoo was the only shampoo my mom ever would buy for us. I don't think I would ever buy it now (if it was still available) even if it was free!

Wasn't there an expression about being a "Breck Girl"?

Which shampoo did some deal where there were diamonds in the bottle? Or am I imagining this?

I remember. There was also Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific and the Herbal Essence Shampoo.

"You're gonna swear...you got more hair...with new Clairol Herbal Essence... I swear!"

Which shampoo did some deal where there were diamonds in the bottle? Or am I imagining this?
I don't remember any with actual diamonds. Maybe you're thing of the Prell pearls? Mom had a serious stockpile of Prell & Breck when I was growing up. Both were fabulous on waist length, extra thick, naturally wavy hair. You didn't need any conditioner to get soft, silky, easy to manage hair even if said long thick wavy tresses were on the head of a stupid teenager who turned her dark auburn hair to tangled damaged straw by becoming a platinum blonde!!! :dunce:

The current formula for Prell ("new & improved" many years ago) is not worthy of picking up even if was a money maker! I'd love me some Breck or the real original formula Prell.

Back