What's new

Broken TV Remote - Need help/advice

Beachlover

Expert Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
DS broke our TV remote. What ended up breaking was one of the little metal prongs that holds in one of the batteries. It seems like I should be able to fix this but aluminum foil didn't work.

I am trying to search for a solution to fixing this online but my biggest problem is that I don't know the correct terminology for what this metal prong that holds the battery is called.

Does anyone know how to fix this broken part of our remote?

or

Does anyone know what to call this part that is broken?

or

Does anyone know if Radio Shack or a similar place might be able to fix this?

Any help is greatly appreciated. TIA

DS broke our TV remote. What ended up breaking was one of the little metal prongs that holds in one of the batteries. It seems like I should be able to fix this but aluminum foil didn't work.

I am trying to search for a solution to fixing this online but my biggest problem is that I don't know the correct terminology for what this metal prong that holds the battery is called.

or

or

It should be called the battery terminal. Radio Shack would probably suggest buying a $10-15 universal remote that you can set for your tv.

When I went to visit my mom I bought 2 universal remotes since some of her buttons no longer worked... the dollar store one worked, the more expensive one didn't so it's worth a shot if it is just a basic remote, rather than one that has all sorts of special functions unique to that remote. Otherwise, good luck fixing it...It's still possible if you find the right part.

Check ebay for your exact remote. I was able to find a NIB remote for $13 shipped, much better than a universal remote, imo.

I feel your pain, everytime we loose the remote my husband wants to just buy a new TV.

I feel your pain, everytime we loose the remote my husband wants to just buy a new TV.

:9: It solves the problem.
:lol:

I think that this is what DS that broke the remote wants us to do since it is the TV they use for gaming. No go on that idea.

I called Radio Shack and the nice gentleman on the phone said that he knows of no way to fix this broken remote. I will be buying a new one online. Thanks everyone who gave advice.

or

or

Ebay has almost every remote known to man. When the Pitbull that we rescued ate TWO Comcast remotes, I got one cheap off of Ebay.

Back