What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanQuinn87

Expert Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
As i am in the middle of redecorating one of the bedrooms in my house, it is now time to building get building the corner partition i need to hide away neatly the boiler that sits in the corner of the bedroom.

Partition Boiler plan.JPG

Please excuse my rubbish graphics work lol but hopefully from my photo above you can see what im gonna build. :p The red lines is what i will build as the frame for it from lengths of wood, then i will cut 2 sheet pieces of wood to be the 2 sides that hide the boiler. Once they are done i will lining paper it and paint it (as the rest of the walls in the room will be and then it wall all just look like that is the shape of the wall and it will just have the little door. :p

The silver bits on the red lines are 4 braces for me to screw it to the wall for added stability. This partition im building still allows access to the buttons through the door and if access is need to the full boiler or pipes, then remove the 4 screws and slide the whole thing out, no problem. :D The floor will be laminate wooden flooring and i will but a soft material at the bottom of the partition im building so it slides easily if needed. :p

I have not experience is joinery / carpentry / woodwork, but im giving it a go lol. :p I will keep you all updated here on this thread with how it is going. :D

Ah I was going to say I wanted to see this complete :p

Same lol :p Once the new boiler is fitted, if that one needs boxing it then ill create a new thread when the time comes. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back