What's new

Building computer, input needed.

yea it does unless u have a newer motherboard that just skips a slot anyways like my 8rda3+

It's because of the cooling solution they use sticks out so far the first PCI slot is unusable...

Here's some facts:

Both ATI and Nvidia have a new card out, I think the radeon is on top. Geforce FX 5950 and the Radeon 9800 XT.

The athlon 64 3200+ supports a single-channel of DDR 400. The Athlon 64 FX-51, Dual channel DDR 400 Regestered. They only "support" up to DDR 400, so since your using only stock cooling you may only need PC3200, up to you. Do you want to overclock? (don't forget that you may say no now and change your mind)

The Radeon 9800 XT is a little bit ahead of the GeForce FX 5950 right now in most games.. but for most purposes the difference between the 9800 XT and the FX 5950 is indistinguishable.. same with the 9800 Pro and the FX 5900.

dude maybe you should hold off on this instead of just throwing things in it that cost a lot. do some research and get some knowledge in your head. you never ever EVER should spend more than 2,000 on a computer unless you have 100 million bux

..why do you say that, im sure i have spent more than 2g on my computer so far...and i know for a fact icy has

Xeno said:
..why do you say that, im sure i have spent more than 2g on my computer so far...and i know for a fact icy has

umm ur computer costs like 1300...

if you buy a 2000$ computer...in one month its worth 1600. you pay a big premium for top of the line, and once a better product comes out, your product you bought, drops 20% in price

You're assuming he bought it at current prices...he may have bought it when the 1700+ was initially released, and same with the memory and/or video card. If someone wants to spend the money on it, there's no reason they shouldn't.

he didnt get the 1700 when it was first released, cause then it was a pally and pallies max out at 1.8ghz

hey variation, stop being so stuck up, you have to realize people put money into more than just hardware, my case for example has around 200 in it alone, and yes i bought most of these parts when they came out except the 1700 so be quiet, you do not know everything you are saying either.

good job xeno, i admit when procs are released they are pricy thats why u get the best buy and oc some for alot better performance.

One thing I would add is for that money I would get an lcd. Just get one with awesome response times and hook it up with DVI and you will be extremely happy.

Might I ask what you are building this for? and why do you want a 64bit processor?
Unless you are focking amazingly rich I don't see why you would buy something this expensive when it really can't be used to its potential for personal use...

Dude, 64bit procs right now TOTALY OWN p4 3.2 and 3.2 EE, They are a little more $$$ but no one has them so there kinda a status too, like saying ur rich. Anyways i would go for it even tho there is like 1 or 2 mobos for the fx

Yeah, If you wait for 2-3 months you will probably get a better picture of what's going on in the market and how things are turning out, not to mention you'll probably get a better price

I would also say...get a ATI 9800 XT instead of the Sapphire garbage =) no offense. Also, switch out the speakers for Logitech Z-680s. The monitor is also too expensive, I'd get twin 18inch LCDs from Dell or something...if you wanna stick with the CRT, then get 2 19inch NEC Multisync FE991SB...I own it and recommend it...plus it'll be a lot cheaper than the $682.00 you're spending.

Ooh...final thing...that processor cooler is unacceptable. You need to get like water cooling or maybe a VapoChill case =).

Sapphire is garbage? I think Sapphire is the best manufacturer for Radeon cards along with ATI itself.

And the cooling is fine if you do not plan on doing extreme overclocking.

Dude gigabyte makes alltime best cards for radeon series! Everyone loves sexy blue pcb!!!

Proc – AMD ATHLON 64 FX-51 OEM (GameVE Price 756.00)

Proc Cooler - Standard AMD

Err, why get a $750 proc and standard crap cooling?

ok, hrm think about it.....
$746 and the only warrenty is with the stock heatsink so would you like to waste $746, if so pm me about giving me $746... Jk :p

Back