What's new

Bunnies predicting a bad storm...

I'm not looking forward to the mosquitoes! We live near the marsh. We're putting up bat houses to attract them as mosquito vaccuums.

I'm not looking forward to the mosquitoes! We live near the marsh. We're putting up bat houses to attract them as mosquito vaccuums.

Purple Martins or Swallows work too.

LOL, I remember bats getting into the house when I was growing up. Northern MN near Duluth, we had 16 acres of woods, and a creek going through the yard...mosquito heaven! Used to watch the bats as they swooped through near the flood light.

The best story, although sad too, is when my mom took a tennis racket to one. She was so depressed, my dad had just left her, after 25 years of marriage. She was home alone (which of course she hated) and crying and depressed and there's a bat in the house. It was kind of the last straw...so she grabs the tennis racket, and is sobbing and crying, walking around trying to kill this thing.

She waits for it to swoop by and...WHAM...nails it with the tennis racket. She tossed it on the balcony and it was gone in the morning, whether it was just stunned or something got it she doesn't know. But, she felt a bit better after that. :lol:

We had a bat visitor at DH grandparents' house. We were asleep when I heard something moving in the dark room and then the bedroom door creeked open! Bright hall light shining in...

Apparently he had made his way out of the attic through the closet and decided to head downstairs! My DH's grandparents were chasing that thing all over the house trying to get him out. What a night!

this storm was SUCH a disappointment :37:

Back