What's new

Calisthenics

I always do calisthenics before my workout. Seems to really help grow.

I do both weightlifting and calisthenics. My goal is to be able to do front and back levers along with the planche.

I actually admire and envy those with incredible functional strength. Training to do them made me realize the time and effort it takes to be able to do them.

I've seen a lot of people on Youtube who have built an incredible physique just by doing calisthenics (at least that's what they claim). Always wanted to give calisthenics a try, not sure how to be given.

What are some of your favorite calisthenics and which ones worked the best to lose weight and which ones caused you to lose the most in your waist and stomach?

I have been trying to do one muscle up for 2 months now, it is very difficult. Can any of you do a muscle up? I have come close so many times but struggle to lock out at the top.

I've seen a lot of people on Youtube who have built an incredible physique just by doing calisthenics (at least that's what they claim). Always wanted to give calisthenics a try, not sure how to be given.

Many of the calisthenic experts on Youtube do not only use bodyweight exercises, they use big heavy weights when they are not filming for Youtube.

I'm also trying to do handstand presses. I'm currently pressing using the wall for balance and I hope to progress in the next month. I've always wanted to be able to do handstands.

Doing a lot of calisthenics now due to this board. It is really helping with my weakish chest muscles. Terrible at press ups weirdly but have managed in a week to get from 5 to nearly 30!

Then next week going to add some weights to the exercise :)

Good luck the handstand press, that sounds very difficult!

I like bodybuilding, as well as body weight exercises. I'm a correctional officer, so functional strength is important to me, but I enjoy doing cross-fit type exercises as well. I usually do:

- Monday: Chest, Triceps, Cardio
- Tuesday: Back, Biceps, Cardio
- Wednesday: Cardio
- Thursday: Legs, Shoulders
- Friday: Back, Crossfit

Currently at 12% bodyfat, trying to gain a little muscle.

By the way, I love watching these videos:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWs94Pu_kG4"]BARTENDAZ[/ame]

It would be awesome if I could do some of the stuff these guys do. They make it seem so easy!

I incorporate both calisthenics and weight lifting to my workouts. They both have their benefits but I have to say I do prefer calisthenics to weights, it's a little easier on my body and I definately think that calisthenics makes you leaner although weight lifting is obviously going to be quicker at building more muscle.

I incorporate both calisthenics and weight lifting to my workouts. They both have their benefits but I have to say I do prefer calisthenics to weights, it's a little easier on my body and I definately think that calisthenics makes you leaner although weight lifting is obviously going to be quicker at building more muscle.

Bodyweight exercises are good because you are moving your body through space, maximising neuromuscular stimulation. I like to add weight to bodyweight exercises like pull ups, to make them even more effective.

You only need to look at the physique of a male gymnast to see how effective calisthenics are.

I've been doing calisthenics for the past week now and have 11 weeks left on my training program. I am already starting to notice minor strength gains and I can't wait to see some results by the end of it. These videos of calisthenic people are amazing.

Can any of you do handstand presses or muscle ups? It took me 6 months to complete my first muscle up. I'm still learning to do handstand presses, using the wall for assistance.

I used to focus on weightlifting and ONLY weightlifting before I got into sports. I realized that I might as well increase my strength and image before I actually play sports. It helps with everything, actually. I think I made the right decision.

Back