What's new

Can Melo carry the injured Knicks?

spiderman

Active Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
The Knicks is currently holding the eight spot with 12 games to go before the playoffs. Do you think Melo can carry the Knicks deep in the playoffs without Amare and Lin. I would love for him to step up further, this is how legends are made. Time for him to prove he is worth the money.

It's not impossible for him to do it. But without Lin and Amare, they will have NO chance even if they make the playoffs.

It's very possible for the Melo ALONG with the Knicks to hold their 8th seed spot in the conference, but like dexter sad, it is very very very very unlikely for them to take the title home this season without two of their needed players.

Can they get in the playoffs with only Melo? Probably

Can they win in the playoffs with only Melo? Not a chance. They will get destroyed in the 1st round

Can they get in the playoffs with only Melo? Probably

Can they win in the playoffs with only Melo? Not a chance. They will get destroyed in the 1st round

Excitement happens in the NBA when the 8th seed knocks the 1st seed out of the playoffs;). I don't think this has happened in a very long time though; it would be surprising if it happened with the knicks.

It's strange, but he has found his scoring touch again with Lin and Amare out of the lineup. Melo just doesn't seem to play well when he is not the main scoring option every time down the floor. He can score, but it's hard to win especially in the playoffs playing this way.

I agree that Melo can help hang on and make it to the playoffs. But I think that is as far as it will go.

Fortunately, the Knicks were able to win one against the Magic with a 96-80 win which also handed the Magic their 5th straight loss.

Some teams have been carried by one person through the playoffs before and it can probably happen with the knicks. lets just hope that there is another Jeremy Lin in their roster lol.

We all know it's not impossible for an 8th seed to beat the top seed, just like what happened to the Grizzlies when they beat the top seed last season. If Melo can step up his game and play like Kobe (a true leader) then I'm sure his teammates will step up as well. Always remember, basketball is a team game and it takes a team to win a game.

Highly unlikely. I'll agree with you though, this is Melo's chance to prove himself. He's got the skills and talents, but no one puts him on the same level as Kobe, Lebron, Wade, Dirk, Rose since he was never able to lead his team well. And while it is possible for an 8th seed to upset the top seed, I just don't see a Lin-less and Amare-less Knicks win against the Bulls or Miami. Not gonna happen...

he has been off his game this year but i think he still has it in him to carry a team through the playoffs, time will tell i guess

If the Knicks make it to the playoffs, then it will be just like last year all over again. Where Amare was out last year along with Billups and Carmelo had to shoulder the load.

Only now, Lin replaces Billups in that spot.

No way they win more than one game in the post season. He'll probably try to win the first series like a man possessed, but he can't do it. That team isn't much to look at even when Lin and Amare are healthy. They've got some rebuilding to do in the off season.

Melo will help the Knicks win, yet he is not a player to carry a team. They probably will make the playoffs, but I don't see them winning a playoff game. Carmelo, in my opinion, is a very overrated NBA player. He is still talented, but can not compare to Kobe or Lebron.

The Knicks is currently holding the eight spot with 12 games to go before the playoffs. Do you think Melo can carry the Knicks deep in the playoffs without Amare and Lin. I would love for him to step up further, this is how legends are made. Time for him to prove he is worth the money.

I think it will be very close. As of this time, NYK is still holding the last playoff spot just a half game ahead of the sizzling Bucks which have won five straight games. With the Bucks playing good basketball after they have acquired Ellis, I think Knicks should always play with their backs against the wall for them to hold that last playoff spot. I doubt the Melo alone could carry the team though. I think Knicks without Amare and Lin lacks talent.

No way they win more than one game in the post season. He'll probably try to win the first series like a man possessed, but he can't do it. That team isn't much to look at even when Lin and Amare are healthy. They've got some rebuilding to do in the off season.

All that hype for Melo always baffled me. A combo of Melo and Amare is nowhere close to a pairing of Lebron and Wade. Neither Melo or Amare is a true superstar. Gutting the team to get Melo never made much sense.

Back