What's new

Can we just skipp the playoffs and go straight to the Heat vs thunder finals?

I think this thread should be turned into a prediction thread.

I don't think the Heat will go down that easily; however, I still think OKC will win maybe 4 games to 3.

I don't even want to think about it. Let's not jump to conclusions.

Miami needs to beat the Celtics and the Bulls first before they even think about going to the finals.

This is definitely not a lock to happen. The Bulls and Spurs will have something to say about that.

No - we cannot skip the playoffs! lol I think so much can still happen anyways! You cannot count out other teams making it to the championships. It only takes one bad series to knock a team out, and one great series to push a team forward.

I don't even want to think about it. Let's not jump to conclusions.

Miami needs to beat the Celtics and the Bulls first before they even think about going to the finals.

I think the only conclusion I will jump to is that I have confidence in saying that OKC WILL be one of the top two teams remaining. I'm not even an OKC fan, but they are just so good this season.

I wouldn't count out the Bulls, Lakers or Clippers honestly. There are still good teams that could pull together and upset one of these teams (I hope it is the heat)

No - we cannot skip the playoffs! lol I think so much can still happen anyways! You cannot count out other teams making it to the championships. It only takes one bad series to knock a team out, and one great series to push a team forward.

Said with great conviction and truth! Good for you.

Too soon to tell lol. A lot of teams are in great shape this season and ofcourse there are wild cards. Remember what happened with mavericks and warriors during the playoffs before? Mavericks has the greatest standings back then and warriors has the worse but the GS still defeated them though.

that will probably be the final match but i think the heat will win and not thunder

What about the Knicks? Are we just going to forget about them? They still have a chance to enter the finals. Who know they could even face the Heat in the finals. Haha.

I think the Thunder will take it, but I'll be rooting for the Heat. Lebron needs his first ring, and he has a good chance of getting it this year.

If the mods don't mind, I will bump this thread should the Heat-Thunder finals not materialise. Every year, there are some teams that look like nobody can stop them and look good on paper and instead they get served. Also, most people don't realise how well the Spurs match up with the Thunder. Tony Parker gives Westbrook fits for some reason. I doubt OKC wants a piece of SA in the WC Finals.

If the mods don't mind, I will bump this thread should the Heat-Thunder finals not materialise. Every year, there are some teams that look like nobody can stop them and look good on paper and instead they get served. Also, most people don't realise how well the Spurs match up with the Thunder. Tony Parker gives Westbrook fits for some reason. I doubt OKC wants a piece of SA in the WC Finals.

I agree, the Spurs are a problem for OKC. And Tony Parker gives everyone fits, the dude is a like a little jitterbug that is hard to harness.

I'm not counting out the Spurs. The Spurs also have an advantage in coaching, Pop is a future HOFer.

What about the Knicks? Are we just going to forget about them? They still have a chance to enter the finals. Who know they could even face the Heat in the finals. Haha.

Honestly, in my opinion, the Knicks don't stand a chance in heading into the final two teams. Heat, Celtics, Bulls, and plenty of other teams are much more viable in entering the championship game than the knicks.

The single most important thing you need to win a championship is: A traditional #1 option, where the team runs the entire offense through them. You need complimentary players who "compliment" your best player. Not all good players compliment each other (see Lebron - Wade, but thats for another discusion).
I only see 7 players in the league who I can consider a #1 option.
Lebron
Durant
HGH (Dwight Howard)
Love
Dirk (Fading Fast)
Duncan (could be last year as a viable #1)
Rose
Without one of those guys you're not winning a tittle.

The single most important thing you need to win a championship is: A traditional #1 option, where the team runs the entire offense through them. You need complimentary players who "compliment" your best player. Not all good players compliment each other (see Lebron - Wade, but thats for another discusion).
I only see 7 players in the league who I can consider a #1 option.
Lebron
Durant
HGH (Dwight Howard)
Love
Dirk (Fading Fast)
Duncan (could be last year as a viable #1)
Rose
Without one of those guys you're not winning a tittle.

That's a decent list put together, and what you said is very much possible and true.

If the Heat and the Thunder will face each other in NBA Finals, Heat has better chances of winning because of their experience and they got LeBron and Wade. I know OKC is having a very good season but I think the team itself is not yet mature enough to face a team that is well-coached and is led by two players that are arguably on the top 5 best players of the league.

Back