What's new

Can you speak more then one languages

Yeah, I didn't use an online translator, I used the dictationary that comes with the Japanese input method. Since I'm already using US and German keyboard layouts, adding Japanese SCIM input method was simple. With that, I can type Romaji and they get translated to Kana and when I press space on a word, it switches thru dictionary entries for different Kanji readings. I know that particles and sometimes word endings are spelled out using Hiragana. I'm just not sure which Kanji reading is correct, lol.

But perhaps doing that is also a way to learn Kanji.

I need to stock up on Japanese learning material sometime. I've been interested in Korean and Chinese too, but Japanese is the closest to European languages. Many words in Japanese are a bit similar to English or German. ????? for instance, it sounds similar in my local German dialect. Even the word ?? appears in my local dialect for "this". Even ?, which exists in a similar context in dialect, and ?? is regular German word anyway, lol :)

I must of misunderstood you then. When you meant by dictionary I thought you meant those online translators.. lol

Yes I can speak and understand 4 languages Urdu, Hindi, Punjabi and English ofcourse

i like study new languages so i speak german, english, lithuanian a little)))) want to learn spainish)

I can read and write 7 different language's fluently

English. Arabic ,Greek, Mandarin , Cantonese , Hebrew , Urdu ,

I can speak English, Chinese, Japanese, but I wish I can speak Spanish .

My mum can speak 3 different languages and that is Dutch, French and english.
I can speak some dutch and some french and obviously english I can speak fluently in

I speak English, Dutch, German, French and Indonesian. Several other languages not so fluently, actually I speak so many I'm not very fluently in any language lol

I speak English, Dutch, German, French and Indonesian. Several other languages not so fluently, actually I speak so many I'm not very fluently in any language lol

That reminds me of someone I know, who, when learning languages, once said, "I used to speak one language well. Now I speak three badly."

I used to speak quite a few, but the problem is.... well if you don't speak it daily. You start to forget words and at some point it isn't as fluent anymore.

Attachments

• 1lang.PNG
    1lang.PNG
    3.9 KB · Views: 12
Back