What's new

can't sleep

ran

Established Talker
PF Member
Reaction score
so i havnt gotten a good nights sleep in forever. i can fall asleep pretty well, but when i wake up i never feel 'refreshed.' i was wondering if u guys had any suggestions to help me, I'm always tired and never in the mood to do anything (which i really wanna do)

are you stressed out or overworked?

does your sleep environment have any irritants, like noise? (do you sleep with open window?)

if you keep warm and have a quiet, dark sleep environment, you should normally be able to feel refreshed when waking up.

Check out Melatonin it's a natural sleep aid. You can get like 30 tablets for a $1 @ the Dollar Store

id love to not have to take a pill, but I'm in a college dorm room. i know its not my roommates that are keeping me up, and the room gets pretty dark at night.
but I've been having trouble with tiredness for months, so i don't blame college

Are you active during the day?
Might try going running if you can, go work out for an hour or try to be busy during the day so by the time you do get to bed, your body is ready for it.

thats probably a good idea. i really don't do enough during the day. just sucks that I'm too tired to do stuff :confused:

o, idk, last time i went to the doctors i think they said something bout a lack of iron or something...
what food/drink increases iron?

Sometimes you feel tired when you sleep too much or too less. The recommended sleeping time is 8 hours.

Keep on a schedule if you can. If you can go to sleep at a specific time every night it helps. If you are still awake after about 20 minutes get up and do something that makes you sleepy. Like mine is reading books on how to code in C++. After about 10 minutes of reading that stuff, even sleep sounds like fun. :)

o, idk, last time i went to the doctors i think they said something bout a lack of iron or something...
what food/drink increases iron?

Any red food contains iron, for instance meat or tomatoes.

so i havnt gotten a good nights sleep in forever. i can fall asleep pretty well, but when i wake up i never feel 'refreshed.' i was wondering if u guys had any suggestions to help me, I'm always tired and never in the mood to do anything (which i really wanna do)
Try listening to some relaxing music

thank y'all for ur suggestions, they've helped a lot!

Do you drink plenty of water? I didn't used to drink much and I'd often have sleepless nights. Nowadays I drink cups of the stuff everyday and I sleep right through. I'd definitely recommend it if you don't!
Also, do you go to the bed at the same time each night? It's good to have a regular sleeping pattern.

Back