What's new

Can't track down problem with Winamp...

If you are running karaoke what do you need filler music for?

If you are running karaoke what do you need filler music for?

I'm just starting in Karaoke, but I'm assuming you need something playing in the background while the singers (or drunk singers!) are getting ready for the next one....Otherwise, wouldn't there to be a minute of uncomfortable silence after every song?

If a host is good they announce who is up next after the new singer who is about to sing and they try to get eye contact with that person. That way when the new singer finishes the next singer is on their way to the mic. After a few seconds of applause the next singer can begin. In this way more singers can sing per hour resulting in happier customers. However, several shows I've been to do play filler music between singers and often it's some good music that I've noticed customers do like. It depends on the show, some are fast paced and some are more laid back. If you get singers up and going one after the other, then there's less need for any kind of filler music. If you're organized and you get on the mic before and after each singer you can have a smooth show.

If a host is good they announce who is up next after the new singer who is about to sing and they try to get eye contact with that person. That way when the new singer finishes the next singer is on their way to the mic. After a few seconds of applause the next singer can begin. In this way more singers can sing per hour resulting in happier customers. However, several shows I've been to do play filler music between singers and often it's some good music that I've noticed customers do like. It depends on the show, some are fast paced and some are more laid back. If you get singers up and going one after the other, then there's less need for any kind of filler music. If you're organized and you get on the mic before and after each singer you can have a smooth show.

Thanks Wiz I couldn't have said it better myself....

back to the original question of studdering in winamp, I would like to pose, that when I first purchased pcdj, it would studder on me when I opened or closed files while playing pcdj, I worked around it by leaving the explorer window open in the background while using pcdj however, I found the solution to my issue in attempting to track down another issue with a totally different program. Going to your winamp icon on your desktop, right click it, click properties, and then click the compatibility icon, change the standard run in windows 95 to the closest version of windows u are using. May not be an answer for everyone, but it certainly cured my studder issue in pcdj and may be of some assistance in winamp.

Back